TomTom to the Rocket 3GT

I’m a former TomTom user, the device is a currently mounted in an old family Denali awaiting my Dad’s retirement from driving. It hasn’t been updated in years, but gets him to this favorite spots.

Navigation alternatives can still be a journey :)
I like having something glove friendly too. My phone I have to stop and take off my gloves to get it to function. I did load the TomTom app to my phone and it paired right up with the new device to answer calls and such without having to pull out the phone anyway. Pretty cool tech for this old dog.

I use the Waze app on my iPhone with Lamonsters mount centered above the TFT display. The great thing about Waze, besides being free, is that it shows LEO alerts that are ahead of you in real time. The downside of using my phone as mentioned is that it won't work with gloves, but having a comm system in my helmet allows for spoken commands.

I usually run 10 to 20 years behind any new tech so just now exploring gps devices. Being a skeptical owner with the limited fuel range it is reassuring to know where the next gas station is or the nearest repair shop.

So looking for something motorcycle friendly I decided on trying the TomTom Rider 550. Mounting using the Ram mount was too easy. I mounted it where it can be rotated portrait or landscape, which I prefer. I want to be sure of the location before I hard wire it in.

So far learning it has been pretty easy. I've just got to remember to undock it when I get off the bike.
So any tips or advice or jokes are welcomed. Turn left, go fast, turn left, go fast...
20230512_080916.jpg
20230512_081144.jpg
20230512_081237.jpg
I recently got the Beeline GPS system, I really like it.

Back