New Rocket Rider needs help understanding the beast

Have you tried to lay it over on the other side to see if it straightens it out? :)

Sorry, that's about all I have to add. :)

bob

Have you tried to lay it over on the other side to see if it straightens it out? :)

Sorry, that's about all I have to add. :)

bob
I'll practice my left circles this weekend and I'll probably drop it on that side too. That should fix it.... I'll let you know.:laugh:

Check the battery levels. As batteries age they flake off tiny pieces and rest on the bottom of the battery, then you tip it sideways and the flakes all go to one side creating a short between two cells thus weakening your battery. This is just a theory seen it before in 4X4's.
Unless you have a gel cell battery ;)

@ski:confused::roll::confused::roll:
IMG_64422355924764.jpeg

Check the battery levels. As batteries age they flake off tiny pieces and rest on the bottom of the battery, then you tip it sideways and the flakes all go to one side creating a short between two cells thus weakening your battery. This is just a theory seen it before in 4X4's.
Unless you have a gel cell battery ;)
You mean like turning your bike upside down!
Thanks that's something to check out.

41 MPG at 80-85 mph with the Carpentered engine. Consistently! I used to get about 32-33 mpg with a PCIII and Jardines with the stock engine.

With my added power from the Dobeck Performance AFR Plus I get about 38 mpg around here with normal riding. Which is twist the throttle into the fun zone. Spirited riding she drops to about 32/33 mpg. Interesting to me was my mpg going /coming for RAA IX. All those long highway miles 800 going and over 1,000 coming back for most fill ups I got 40+ mpg. Several legs yielded tank fills with mpg at 44, 45 and 46 was the highest.

BTW: I like to do my twisty riding in 3K to 4K power range. I like the quick response on the throttle and the holdback off the throttle. Also, my fuel light comes on after 4.2 gals have been used. I have put as much as 6.2 gals in with 216 miles on that tank.

WRT to the original post...don't worry about running out of gas. Until Triumph does something about the brick they call a seat you will be stopping to fill up long before you run out just so you can get some feeling back in your a$$ :whitstling::whitstling:

Morris,
You just don't have enough A$$ to make the seat work.
Stock Roadster seat works fine for me and my fat a$$!

Back