I didn't get albertadukes message in time so I went to AutoZone and bought a size 20 battery with 310 CCA compared to 270 CCA on the stock YUASSA battery. Anyway the bike fires up instantly and the check engine light went out so all is good. Thanks for the replies. Dave

Yessirree . . .
Mine sux a battery about every other year.
Minor inconvenience. :thumbsup:

Having 5 tagged motorcycles, a riding mower, a tractor and a gas golf cart, I have bought several different "trickle" chargers/tenders. I have found most to not be very good. Even with a new battery, most times I have to give them a hit with a real charger, for 5 or 10 minutes, to get them charged up enough to get going. What brand of "battery tenders" do you guys use?

I've been running 3 Battery Tender Junior's for our bikes and a full size Battery Tender for my classic car for a a couple years without issues...'
-MIG

The bike made it three years without the tender,not bad. I don't mind buying a battery every couple of years for a hundred bucks. I am lazy and like not having the wires all over the garage which is already to crowded. I might still get each bike on a tender but I
have not yet made up my mind if its worth the trouble.

I also ride year around but have seven bikes. Some sit more than others but the Rocket gets used a decent amount.

All the talk of battery tenders is making me jealous:( I have never owned a battery tender as I can ride my bikes year round where I live in fact just now it is getting down to the 40s and 50s in the mornings which is perfect riding weather---the pain oh the pain.:D

Yes, I just moved from Las Vegas this past summer... where I rode year round and Fiona was only on a charger when I was on a business trip.... but my others... it's so hard to ride more than one at a time... oh the pain... ;-p I'll be in Afghanistan this time next year, but I'm hoping to get my family to your area before I go...and to enjoy when I get back... :)
-MIG

I've been using the 1.5 amp Battery Tenders for years. The tender prevents the battery from sulfating by keeping it at a fully charged state. Allowing a battery to drain down and then recharging is what I found many years will kill a battery.

I just bought a new 270 amp Yuasa because it was the only one I could find and needed one right away. I'll be looking for a higher cold cranking amp rated battery for my next one.

Back