We had trailered our RT3 from Las Vegas to Los Angeles yesterday to go on a club ride this morning. This morning when I went to start the bike the battery just wouldn't turn it over. It tried but was to weak. I went over to the meeting place in our truck and said good bye to the fellas as they left for the ride. We then went and had breakfast and went back to the house we stay at to load the bike to go back to Vegas. I tried to start the bike again and of course this time it started! We drove back to Las Vegas and I wondered if it would start again so that I could get it up a small hill into our garage. It started up but this time the idle went way up and then down and then up and then down again for about a half a minute and the idled normally. The check engine light stayed on and never went off so I pulled it in the garage and shut it off. I will bring it to the Triumph shop on Tuesday and let them read the code and take a look at it. Anyone else ever had the same thing happen?
Sucks that you missed the ride! Better luck next time.

I added the battery tender leads to the bike today and have a long tender lead that will reach it from the wall mounted tender so it will get plugged in once a week or whenever something else is not being tended.

I have found the continued use of a Tender to save any battery not being used. In Michigan, the temperature plays a roll. A low battery can and will freeze and bust.
I do have a question for the other Captains. Looking for opinions on GEL batteries vs. LEAD acid batteries?

I use Schumacher 1.5 amp battery tenders on both of my bikes. Been using it for a couple of years on the America and really like it. It uses the same connector as the battery tender. I extended the cable up to the handlebars and use the Battery tender USB adapter for my phone on the bike. it is a great set up.

Back