2 warning lights plus Over Rev problem

kingmerle

child of the king
Ride
08 R3T
I recently washed my bike an immediately had two warning lights come on. The check engine and the overheating light. The bike became a slow start and over reved at idol. I took the bike for a 5k trip and it never corrected itself. I had to brake in the corners because backing off the throttle always left me an over rev pushing me through the corners and when I was in slow traffic I just simply left the bike idle and I could shift through the gears and it just keep going. I thought I could reset the computer by unhook in the battery for a minute but nothing changed. Any ideas

explain how u washed it. hose,pressure,bucket,ect
if the temp connector was full of water then it might short it causing light to come on.
might clean throttle linkage and stepper with wd40 or something better.
have washed mine with hose and pressure w/o prob. of coarse u can find other advice.mine screws up every now and then i just give it quick and let off revs about 5 times.
the temp light would set a code and might make it run bad. u should find out what code is in the ecu

explain how u washed it. hose,pressure,bucket,ect
if the temp connector was full of water then it might short it causing light to come on.
might clean throttle linkage and stepper with wd40 or something better.
have washed mine with hose and pressure w/o prob. of coarse u can find other advice.mine screws up every now and then i just give it quick and let off revs about 5 times.
the temp light would set a code and might make it run bad. u should find out what code is in the ecu
Dip Tank :D

Back