harbor freight dolly problem

kingmerle

child of the king
Ride
08 R3T
I recently purchased and assembled the harbor freight dolly so I could spin my bike around easily in my garage. it went together easily but when I drove the bike up on it and attempted to put the kick stand down the kickstand extended out further than the tray so that it was sitting up on the outer edge just over the caster on the kick stand tray. my bike is sittimg beyond upright so I cant leave it on there. I purchased this based on reviews here and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so do you have any ideas as to a remedy

I'm not aware of anyone who purchased the cheap knockoff dolly from Harbor Freight and had no problems with it.

In fact, *everything* I have ever purchased from there had problems.
I pretty much agree with that assessment but I did purchase a big wet saw brick and tile cutter from ther thinking I would just try to get one job out of it. Its now over 15 years old. I have done about 30 large jobs with it and it working fine. Go figure?

I dunno if I've ever seen a review on the HF dolly, I know several folks are happy with the jack and the lift.

As a Plumbing Contractor nothing from HF will go in my van, only kidding just remember you get what you pay for, is it possible to make something that the side stand will sit on?
I know that I can unbolt the kick stand piece and weld a plate to it so it sticks out another 3 inches, just thought someone else might have had this issue and had a different fix

My touring didn't quite fit on the dolly end to end so I had the local machine shop cut me some square pipe so I could replace the side ties and have it 4" longer. There's a hole there now but the front tire is so big it doesn't matter. Fits great. Still rolls like 900lbs. Really wish it had metal faster wheels. No side stand probs though

Problem with some of the things you get from HF is that they get some of the same products from different manufacturers. What you buy in one store on sale might not be the same brand in another. I bought a wheel chock on sale in HF New Orleans, a few months later when they went on sale again I bought one in HF Odessa TX. It was a different brand, but both basically the same.

I purchased an air compressor one time -- one of those "too good to be true" prices.

The thing leaked oil like a sieve, and the cheap plastic air filter holder was broken and it was a weird thread I couldn't find anywhere. I could never reach anyone for support of any kind.

I decided I would never again purchase anything from HF that wasn't a solid piece. If the item has any moving parts -- I look elsewhere.

Back