Problem with the Touring model

Lasse79

Ghost
Ride
Rocket III Touring 2010
Hello everybody.

I have a very problem which i don't understand. I have a 2010 Touring model, it slides dangerously almost all the time. I bought already new set of metzeler marathon 880 tires. I have try to change the air pressure of tires almost every way. Especially it feel like the front end slides away in the turnings. Doesn't matter what kind of weather it is, cold or warm. I'm begin to scare driving the bike and it's make me sad, cause i just love the bike. The bike is driven very little only 10000 km, so it's almost new. I got it when it have been drove about 8000 km. I hope you understand this issue and apologise my English. I'm from Finland so English isin't my mother tongue.

To be honest, I was a new rider when I got my Touring, I probably never pushed it hard enough to notice a grip problem. I mostly disliked the uneven and premature wear and cupping of the front tire. I ride quite a bit harder now and never had a problem with the grip on the Avons.

The stock tires suck. First thing I did was change over to Avons. Same when I purchased my Harley. It came with the worst handling, bottom of the barrel Dunlops. There are good Dunlops but you have to understand you're not going to get the best tires from the manufacturer.

Assuming the decimal point is in the wrong place your a bit low. That may very well be your problem. That being said I'm still not a big fan of Mettzlers. On my Roadster I run front 34 and rear 42. Check your manual for the recommended pressures for the touring model.

Assuming the decimal point is in the wrong place your a bit low. That may very well be your problem. That being said I'm still not a big fan of Mettzlers. On my Roadster I run front 34 and rear 42. Check your manual for the recommended pressures for the touring model as @Fingers said.

Sorry, i ment bar. I mixed up the terms. In Finland we use bar when talking about air pressures.

Sorry, i ment bar. I mixed up the terms. In Finland we use bar when talking about air pressures.

In psi that converts to about 43.50 rear and 36.25 front. Could be a little high. Our bikes have different tire sizes so not being familiar with touring I would check your manual.

Back