New Avon Cobra Chrome - any good

IMG_0786.JPG IMG_0787.JPG IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0789.JPG 5,000 mile review. No cupping and plenty of tread left. :):):):):):):):):):)

I put Avon Cobra Chromes on my R3 T in December and absolutely love them. Metzler discontinued the radial version of the front tire for the R3T, so technically, these were the only option for radial tires. Handling is vastly improved over the Metzlers. My shop said they’ve had great feedback from Honda Valkyrie owners on Avon Cobras. They’re getting 18K miles out of the rear tires if you can believe that. My mechanic is a big proponent of over-inflating tires. 42psi cold; check the pressure at least once a week.

I am getting ready to order new shoes for my 2015 R3T. Did you go with the stock sizes on the Chrome? I am so ready to trash the Metz. Also any update on how they are after a few more miles.

Thanks

I am getting ready to order new shoes for my 2015 R3T. Did you go with the stock sizes on the Chrome? I am so ready to trash the Metz. Also any update on how they are after a few more miles.

Thanks

After a couple thousand miles I love my chrome (one size down) on front with exedra on rear

After a couple thousand miles I love my chrome (one size down) on front with exedra on rear

I am not finding the appropriate size for the front one size down in the Chrome? they have the 150/80R 16 Am I missing something?

American Moto Tire seems to have some great prices.

I ran the stock tire sizes this time. Everyday riding which is pretty much a straight line (Oklahoma) handle really well. A little over 7,000 miles and plenty of tread. No cupping at all. The tires may be a bit expensive but the Avon Chromes are worth it. Plan on replacing the tires with same prior to Leaky Texas. Smooth and stable at Highway speeds. Great traction during wet weather. Hard take offs no problem. Even with very warm weather tread life is holding up rather well. Kind of hoping they have tires that will fit the Yamaha when it comes in. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Only thing i have not tested as of yet is cold weather riding but that is right around the corner. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back