New Avon Cobra Chrome - any good

Just a note. I checked the Metz at 6700 miles before taking off on a 4 day trip. Did 1012 miles and have done a couple other rides since then. When I looked at the tires at 8200 I could not believe how quick they were wearing. It does not appear the Chromes are offered in a 140 so I will stay with the spec front tire.
I have Avon Cobras on my America and love them.
I think the price at $378.61 front and back through American Moto Tire with another $60.00 rebate from Avon is more than fair.

Just waiting on a quote for a set of chromes for the for the roadster.

Think I may have pushed the rear a little too far.

Attachments

• 20190817_104200.jpg
    20190817_104200.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 9
Which would be better on a tourer?
And do you know where would have the right size at the best price?

Other than agreeing Metzlers are crap (well most folks agree); what is best is somewhat opinion and experience based. I've tried Bridgestone and Avon's...and prefer the Avon's. I love the older Avon Cobra's currently on my R3T (aka Fiona) and I just put Avon Cobra Chrome's on my brides HD Fat Boy and we are VERY happy with them. When Fiona needs new tires I'll be going with Chrome's as well. As always... YMMV.
-MIG

I really liked the Cobra, I have a Chrome now on the rear,but I haven't installed the front yet, so I really can't comment much on it. Feels good, but I also went from a 200 back to a 180, so it could be that. And I haven't been in twisties yet, everything here is dead flat.

Back