New 2019 Rocket III model

Could be - Though I'd like one one of the box gurus to comment.

Well Barbagris, that is an avenue that the dealer should have explored as it certainly sounds plausible. They did replace the detent spring and some shaft with no success. The tech at the dealer believes that heat may play a role in the issue as the bike has two shift characteristics evident from cold to hot. I have ridden bikes all my life and this Rocket has earned a special place in that fantastic bike category. Thus I would like to purchase another one. But, I am leery from what I have gone though and hearing others complain about shifting issues. One person recently noted his trans locked up and lived to tell about it thanks to his son's fast response.

Well thanks again for helping ponder this frustrating enigma. Godspeed.

Not sure...had mine adjusted down to 3..played merry hell with the changes...put it back and fixed it...

I do know there's truth to what you are saying. I put ASV Levers on the bike and it played hell with the electronics. Had to put the stock clutch lever back on. I am fairly confident the tech made these adjustments as they had the bike for a very long time. Nevertheless, thanks again for your input... Multiple heads are always better than one!

I won’t bring my bike to a dealer again , Not here anyhow there a bunch of kids working a 2 hour job turns to be a 9 hour job

I won’t bring my bike to a dealer again , Not here anyhow there a bunch of kids working a 2 hour job turns to be a 9 hour job

welcome to bike repair in Toronto, they are nuts here, Rosie Toes is awesome for a safety and tire changes, but from what I'm told, not much else, Snow city did my friends fork seals, he showed up at my house saying the bike wasn't right, and yea it wasn't, none of the bolts on the tree holding the forks in had been tightened, Cycle World, yea don't even know where to begin on that one, Heavy Duty Cycles, if you bring in parts, your getting the lecture about buying parts elsewhere instead of at his shop, then he is going to charge the hell out of you for labor, there has been some questionable work come out of GP bikes. I think this is part of the reason, everyone seems to bring their bikes to my garage for me to fix them lately.

In Houston,

Rick @ the BMW/Triumph in Pasadena is expensive but careful. Old school Rick has operated many Rockets. I do basic service and keep the bike clean.

For your other bikes, Marco @ Iron Mike's on 146, for all bikes. Not kidding. If he can't do it he'll tell you.
They have worked on the Valkyrie. This guy documents repairs with pictures. Old school shop.

Back