My Rocket IS Destroyed Followup..Should I Salvage.. Parts Interest

just what would you sell this bike for if you bought it from insurance and sold it to a another outright

No clue....If I could pick up an extra $500 over the salvage price that would help out my loss. Not by much, but every little bit helps. The adjuster was talking he has a bid (as he described it) for 3k from salvage. He is suppose to be here tomorrow to try and settle up.

Message me some phone numbers @Boog and @Joesmoe. Heading to VA Monday. Is there an easy in and out place pulling a cargo trailer to grab a bite to eat near the dealership?

What route are you taking ?

MoD is in a surprisingly inconvenient location -- a kind of desert next to the Dulles Airport amid all the development around there -- so there will be nothing "next door" - and the question is how far out of your way -- more out of the way than getting there in the first place, would you go to meet ?

@Bedifferent do let us know when you are in town as I would like to meet you even if it is a quick hand shake.
Motorcycles of Dulles (MOD) have mostly been good for me and Brahma. I have had some issues with service this year but I think I am going to work that out. I learned a lot from @Speedy on the Mayberry trip and feel slightly smarter now.
I have seen the bike you bought and think it is a good looking color. When I was thinking Brahma was unreliable, that was the bike I was thinking of taking over. Luckily, Brahma is much better and I know more of what is needed to keep him that way.

Glad to hear you like the color. I hope it is in new condition like it is suppose to be. I looked at one that color before buying mine and liked the color as well, but the dealer didn't do trades. Thinking about it now, I had the option to get that color from my dealer when I bought my bike. The wife thought the white and black looked better and I was inclined to agree. I have seen pictures of some earlier models where the black was over red instead of red over black. I liked that combo better. Anyway, I'm happy to just have another Rocket and I can still "Bedifferent". I think some black side infill panels would be more to my liking but I'll have to see.

Interested in the rear pannier guards. How'd they fare?

Chris

I'm not going to buy it back for salvage. As for the guards, the left side is trashed. The right side, not so much. Maybe you will find the
parts on eBay. I'll try and find out who bought it if I am home when they pick it up.

Well, at those prices I wouldn't waste my time going out to the garage and turning a wrench. I'm not sure if you have looked at any eBay prices on motorcycle parts, but the price examples you have given would certainly be a deal indeed. For example price for New..... Final drive $2,724, Throttle body assembly $2,569, A rear wheel assembly $1,030, Front wheel $1,009, A radiator assembly $602, One Pannier $1,662, I could go on...

I think you have made my case...Its not worth my time! Everybody wants the part at .10 cents on the dollar when even .50 cents on the dollar would be a deal. As of now, I'm going to stick with my plan an let it go. I just want this chapter of my life to be over and move on.
You can ask what ever you want for an item but getting the asking price is something else, good luck with which ever way you decide to go.

Back