My Moto Hobo life

I like the Enterprise Car Rental logo on the Opinion page.

How is that solar panel working out. Keeping up with your needs?

No “T” but a whole lot of “A” in that photo.

I have come to the conclusion that I need a bigger Inverter. This 1000W beeps and shuts off when the battery reaches 10.6V and then the battery goes into storage mode.

I can’t even brew a pot of coffee unless the battery is 100%!@ 13.3V.

My electric blanket has drawn it down a couple of times too.

I should be able to go to 0% with Lithium.

I’m making due and can boil water again now that I got my new propane stove.

I also learned that there is a small grill that you can attach to the MrHeater propane heater that you can heat up water and food so I may try to find some wire and make one.

I have come to the conclusion that I need a bigger Inverter. This 1000W beeps and shuts off when the battery reaches 10.6V and then the battery goes into storage mode.

I also learned that there is a small grill that you can attach to the MrHeater propane heater that you can heat up water and food so I may try to find some wire and make one.
Using Ac appliances from a battery will drain your battery in minutes regardless. 1000 watts = 83amps draw and as the battery drops down the amps go up considerably. You also loose approximately 20-30% efficiency on the inverter.
When wiring up dual battery systems for vans, rv or vehicles I try my best to talk the customer out of a inverter. Use a 12volt kettle, or any appliances to be dc.
Even better us gas.
Any thing that involves heating is a high current draw.

Yep, used them 30 or 40 years ago!
$5 - way to go! 12v or 24v versions.
1610875168683.png

Go hillbilly (or Meercat) and just wire your dinner in foil or cans to your headers, and a kettle or stainless thermos too if you like and go for a ride. Simpleness... no? ;) :cool:

Don't forget to put a little hole or two in the can lids first or your engine and leg may look like one of those blasted cans of baked beans in a microwave You Tube vid!
With your riding attire, you may then at least have your hot beans on toast, instead of ..... toes!;) :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Last edited:
Another tip from old Land Rover manual for a portable clothes washing machine..
1. Put your dirty clothes in a container with water and detergent and seal the container.
2. Drive for a while.
3. Rinse and dry.
I've used it doing bush work in Central Oz on lots and lots of dirt roads and corrugations, camping out between remote communities. Strap it down. Good seals required but I would recommend using big thick plastic garbage bags and tie a knot or rubber band to make a sealed bladder. Do not overfill and it can then slosh around in a good sized esky (cooler box). You can then remove when ready, fill esky and rinse as you pull items one at a time from the garbage bag.

And on those roads you don't even need the donkey cart suspension of an early series Land Rover. Guaranteed! ;) :roll:

My dad had a brand new 1954 chevrolet wagon with home made boxon top about the size of the roof while traveling from west virgine there was a entire meal laying on the manifold when the can beans exploded. We cleaned beans but for a long time it smelled like burned beans.
What was worse was when the battery fell in to the fan. If u changed the plugs and points it felt like u were on an ant hill.

A must have item.

Attachments

• D3490CF1-8F10-4E3A-B97D-B83BA1B0EBB3.png
    D3490CF1-8F10-4E3A-B97D-B83BA1B0EBB3.png
    457.4 KB · Views: 15
Back