Moto Guzzi Anyone?

Discussion in 'BearClaw Corner' started by Gregger, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Gregger

GreggerTurbocharged

Canada
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2012 Rocket Roadster
    I can't believe that there is a Moto Guzzi dealer just 3 hours from my place. The nearest Triumph one is 8 hours away which really sucks. Anyhow my brother in law and I stopped in to see what was in stock. They are just starting out but they did have a MGX-21 Flying Fortress in stock. No way we could ride the thing with winter in full swing but it is one beautiful bike. The pictures don't do it justice. You have to see it up close. The bike is supposed to be the same weight as the Rocket but this bike feels heavier lifting it off the side stand. Love to have one.

IMG_1660.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2018
  2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44.060 Over

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2018 rocket 3 roadster
    I seriously considered a new Eldorado. But then triumph...

My dad had a 68 (?) Eldorado and a bilabbio. He was pushing me that way hard.

3. mexican

mexicanLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    I have a Guzzi dealer 10 min from the house, you are right, pics don't do justice, very nice looking bike

Boog likes this.
  4. sonny

sonnyLiving Legend

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    rocket three x
    Same here. I like the way the Eldorado's look. No rocket by any means but very sweet riding bike. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Would not buy a paper clip from those folks. That guy running the place is a con man. Make you feel good and important while he reaches into your back pocket. Now the folks down in Dallas different story. Have excellent credit and the rate the clown in Tulsa gave me for the Rocket made me laugh. Dallas was done over the phone and when i picked the bike up there were no surprises.

5. barbagris

barbagrisMad Scientist

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    On the verge of insanity : Madrid - Spain
    Ride:
    2009 R3-Standard - 1979 Guzzi V1000G5
    The 1400Cali to get (imo) is the AUDACE. One HUGE REASON is that having a plain old round headlight means you can easily fit ADAPTIVE lighting. If there is one I would NOT even entertain it is the FF. And yes I have ridden them all.

They have multi-mode systems too. RAIN mode is incredibly inspiring in the wet. After an R3 you'll be using SPORT mode a fair bit.

They are all a bit of an effort to get up of the side stand. They lean over a bit more.

6. WildBill

WildBill.040 Over

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2013 Rocket 3 Touring
    After riding Sport Tourers for years, when my arthritic body finally convinced me to buy a cruiser style bike for long distance riding, the choice came down to the Flying Fortress or a Rocket 3 Touring. In the end, I chose to buy a Touring with only 2021 miles, for less than half the price of the new Fortress. I don't regret my decision one bit, but that Guzzi is one beautiful bike.

BigNorm, Boog and Gregger like this.
  7. teraeric

teraericSupercharged

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2012 r3r
    $15k new 2017 in hollywood, fl sez cycle trader... after riding dan's mg in stearns it's almost enough to make me want to shuffle the garage around... these bikes are just fun to ride...

TheKid and BigNorm like this.
  8. geneseo1911

geneseo1911Supercharged

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    2007 Rocket Classic
    That's a gorgeous bike. Im a sucker for a longitudinal engine. That would be on my short list if the rocket wasn't a thing.

rjsjota, Gregger and BigNorm like this.
  9. Idaho Red Rocket 3

Idaho Red Rocket 3Living Legend

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2006 R3 Standard Bagger w/Fairing
    I purchased last spring a 2008 MG 1200 Sport. Not really a sport bike, more of a sport tour, but not really either, but a whole lot of fun to ride. It is a great bike. The ride and handling is phenomenal. Mine was modified by the PO and has so many up grades to F/R suspension, intake, exhaust, tuning, handle bars. Had the dash replaced to eliminate that problem too. But as it is it really fun to ride and has really good low end and mid range. Just taps out in the top end. I just wish it has 25 to 30 more HP and TQ. Going to look into what can be done this winter.

BigNorm likes this.
  10. barbagris

barbagrisMad Scientist

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    On the verge of insanity : Madrid - Spain
    Ride:
    2009 R3-Standard - 1979 Guzzi V1000G5
    Suggest you ask Mauro at CLASSICCO in Madrid. ClassicCo Tell him Chris suggested you write. He will give you an honest answer though he may take a while to reply as he's just moved his shop and is pretty snowed under with work. But he has in the past even made complete new belt driven OHC heads with downdraught cross-flow injection. He maintains a large number of BOT race Guzzis.

Tripps and BigNorm like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice