Moto Guzzi Anyone?

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
I can't believe that there is a Moto Guzzi dealer just 3 hours from my place. The nearest Triumph one is 8 hours away which really sucks. Anyhow my brother in law and I stopped in to see what was in stock. They are just starting out but they did have a MGX-21 Flying Fortress in stock. No way we could ride the thing with winter in full swing but it is one beautiful bike. The pictures don't do it justice. You have to see it up close. The bike is supposed to be the same weight as the Rocket but this bike feels heavier lifting it off the side stand. Love to have one.

IMG_1660.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously considered a new Eldorado. But then triumph...

My dad had a 68 (?) Eldorado and a bilabbio. He was pushing me that way hard.

I have a Guzzi dealer 10 min from the house, you are right, pics don't do justice, very nice looking bike

Same here. I like the way the Eldorado's look. No rocket by any means but very sweet riding bike. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Would not buy a paper clip from those folks. That guy running the place is a con man. Make you feel good and important while he reaches into your back pocket. Now the folks down in Dallas different story. Have excellent credit and the rate the clown in Tulsa gave me for the Rocket made me laugh. Dallas was done over the phone and when i picked the bike up there were no surprises.

The 1400Cali to get (imo) is the AUDACE. One HUGE REASON is that having a plain old round headlight means you can easily fit ADAPTIVE lighting. If there is one I would NOT even entertain it is the FF. And yes I have ridden them all.

They have multi-mode systems too. RAIN mode is incredibly inspiring in the wet. After an R3 you'll be using SPORT mode a fair bit.

They are all a bit of an effort to get up of the side stand. They lean over a bit more.

I can't believe that there is a Moto Guzzi dealer just 3 hours from my place. The nearest Triumph one is 8 hours away which really sucks. Anyhow my brother in law and I stopped in to see what was in stock. They are just starting out but they did have a MGX-21 Flying Fortress in stock. No way we could ride the thing with winter in full swing but it is one beautiful bike. The pictures don't do it justice. You have to see it up close. The bike is supposed to be the same weight as the Rocket but this bike feels heavier lifting it off the side stand. Love to have one.

IMG_1660.JPG
After riding Sport Tourers for years, when my arthritic body finally convinced me to buy a cruiser style bike for long distance riding, the choice came down to the Flying Fortress or a Rocket 3 Touring. In the end, I chose to buy a Touring with only 2021 miles, for less than half the price of the new Fortress. I don't regret my decision one bit, but that Guzzi is one beautiful bike.

$15k new 2017 in hollywood, fl sez cycle trader... after riding dan's mg in stearns it's almost enough to make me want to shuffle the garage around... these bikes are just fun to ride...

I purchased last spring a 2008 MG 1200 Sport. Not really a sport bike, more of a sport tour, but not really either, but a whole lot of fun to ride. It is a great bike. The ride and handling is phenomenal. Mine was modified by the PO and has so many up grades to F/R suspension, intake, exhaust, tuning, handle bars. Had the dash replaced to eliminate that problem too. But as it is it really fun to ride and has really good low end and mid range. Just taps out in the top end. I just wish it has 25 to 30 more HP and TQ. Going to look into what can be done this winter.

Going to look into what can be done this winter.
Suggest you ask Mauro at CLASSICCO in Madrid. ClassicCo Tell him Chris suggested you write. He will give you an honest answer though he may take a while to reply as he's just moved his shop and is pretty snowed under with work. But he has in the past even made complete new belt driven OHC heads with downdraught cross-flow injection. He maintains a large number of BOT race Guzzis.

Back