Mounting an Exedra Max rear tire on the new 3R = Better Handling

I've seen it asked, but I don't think I've seen an answer. What is everybody using for the front tire when using the Exedra on the rear?

I've seen it asked, but I don't think I've seen an answer. What is everybody using for the front tire when using the Exedra on the rear?
Probably a variety of things. I'm currently running Shinko, but like Dunlop American Elite., if not for the cost difference. The Shinko is the cheapest option and rides and holds up amazingly well. $160

Why not a 150/70R16 Road 5 or 6 on the front?
You introduced us to that tire and lots of people loved 'em on the 2.3s. I tried it on the Roadster, but felt that it required too much input to initiate a turn. I think it's a flatter profile tire, so you have to get past the flat area to roll it into a turn. Once in though-it held the line really well.

Besides that- if you raise the rear of the 2.5 with an Exedra Max it really does make a difference. I'd be concerned that by further lowering the front on that bike (already shorter rake) that you might shorten the rake too much and cause instability at high speeds. I like to play on the twisties in the lower range though, so it might actually be worth checking out with that or, for me, another tire with the same shorter profile.

Why not a 150/70R16 Road 5 or 6 on the front?
My Road 5 is worn out on the sides with plenty left in the center and not that many miles on it either.

Attachments

• D8E43699-F345-4AE5-8B1F-98C21A29CAFA.jpeg
    D8E43699-F345-4AE5-8B1F-98C21A29CAFA.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 24
My Road 5 is worn out on the sides with plenty left in the center and not that many miles on it either.Weird
Very Strange considering both Rockets use the same wheel and tire sizes???
The three Road 5 tires I have used have worn very evenly on both of my R3Rs.
I shall start out with new tires, so it shall be interesting to see how the tire wear goes on my 10,000 mile + cross country run in search of the twisties this June.
My last cross country romp was 11,500 miles and required 3 tire changes (1 front & 2 rear) along the way, but it did not involve the use of a Road 5.

I shall start out with new tires, so it shall be interesting to see how the tire wear goes on my 10,000 mile + cross country run in search of the twisties this June.
My last cross country romp was 11,500 miles and required 3 tire changes (1 front & 2 rear) along the way, but it did not involve the use of a Road 5.
Looking forward to seeing you out our way. We'll leave the light on for ya'

There were a couple of things I was hoping to like about the Road 5, better handling and longevity. I like the handling response of the tire but disappointed in the longevity. I may try one more and document the mileage more accurately. I have been running 36-38 psi in it.

Went ahead and ordered an Exedra Max for my upcoming tire change. I ordered a Cobra Chrome for the front as I've always been very happy with the Avons and would have put one on the back if available. I'll post my impressions after I get them mounted up.

Back