Mounting an Exedra Max rear tire on the new 3R = Better Handling

Anyone have an Exedra Max with a Trik Custom rear fender? I'm wondering if the taller tire will fit in their fender?

Bueller?

Wondering what the taller profile does to the speedometer. Not sure if the speedometer is using the front wheel sensor or the back. If it uses the back this would affect the speedometer for the better I would think as my bike at 70 mph shows the bike about 3 mph faster than it is actually traveling. If I see 70 mph the gps says I'm actually only going 67 mph.

Wondering what the taller profile does to the speedometer. Not sure if the speedometer is using the front wheel sensor or the back. If it uses the back this would affect the speedometer for the better I would think as my bike at 70 mph shows the bike about 3 mph faster than it is actually traveling. If I see 70 mph the gps says I'm actually only going 67 mph.
Before the Exedra my speedo was always off by ~5mph (interestingly it doesn't linearly scale after it hits 5mph of error which tells me it's programmed to do that intentionally). After the Exedra, I'm off by ~2mph.

Before the Exedra my speedo was always off by ~5mph (interestingly it doesn't linearly scale after it hits 5mph of error which tells me it's programmed to do that intentionally). After the Exedra, I'm off by ~2mph.
Thanks for the info. Yes I think most if not all motorcycles are deliberately programed off. I'm sure lawyers are the reason but I don't know why. Why would you have less liability by deliberately making a speedometer inaccurate?

BTW: had the same thing with my Kawasaki ZG1400, put a taller tire on the back for better handling and the speedo got more accurate.

Next time you change a tire can someone measure the center hub opening of the rim. I would like to order a hub adapter for my tire changer. Thanks!!

I think this exedra 852 might be better for you journeyman as you run hard at times, i have found is softer than exedra max, handles better in my opinion and it will not last as long as the harder, made for putting down miles cruising exedra max, the 852 is for crushing it. It comes from battle ax racing line, same tech they claim.i had told you about this tire on a run and not sure i sent it to you.

Attachments

• IMG_1067.png
    IMG_1067.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1066.png
    IMG_1066.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I think this exedra 852 might be better for you journeyman as you run hard at times, i have found is softer than exedra max, handles better in my opinion and it will not last as long as the harder, made for putting down miles cruising exedra max, the 852 is for crushing it. It comes from battle ax racing line, same tech they claim.i had told you about this tire on a run and not sure i sent it to you.
I'll check it, but can't imagine anything wearing even faster (softer) - although the Exedra Max wears as long, or longer, than the cool branded Cobras.

Maybe a little better wear than the cobra which i like
Over hyped, in my opinion- the Cobras... They wear funny too...

Those tires are not the Triumph Rocket 3 bike- they're just what Triumph chose when the bike was created. Triumph has changed motor oil recommendations- Castrol, then Mobil 1, yet people feel free to put something else that they think is better than what the engineers at Triumph deemed as "the official one."

Well, the same goes for tires. I've never seen such brand loyalty for Rocket tires as the R3 riders. Go check the 2.3 posts on tires- so many variations of what people have tried. It really is OK to change tires on the R3, really it is.... (Kevin, btw, knows this)

Last edited:
Has anybody actually run an 852 on a Gen 2 rocket? I'd be curious to hear how it handles/grips compared to the Avon or the Maxx. I also just noticed that Revzilla is showing a new tire available in 240/50R16 which is the Metzeler Cruisetec. It's a dual-compound tire which I don't think any of the previously discussed tires actually are. Anybody have experience with the Cruisetec?

Back