Mounting an Exedra Max rear tire on the new 3R = Better Handling

There were a couple of things I was hoping to like about the Road 5, better handling and longevity. I like the handling response of the tire but disappointed in the longevity. I may try one more and document the mileage more accurately. I have been running 36-38 psi in it.
i thought the road 5's didn't come in a 240 size

There were a couple of things I was hoping to like about the Road 5, better handling and longevity. I like the handling response of the tire but disappointed in the longevity. I may try one more and document the mileage more accurately. I have been running 36-38 psi in it.

Ya can't have both, Amigo.
More traction = softer rubber = faster wear
High mileage tire = harder rubber = less traction.
Why do you care about high mileage anyway?
Money-Mouth.png

Ya can't have both, Amigo.
More traction = softer rubber = faster wear
High mileage tire = harder rubber = less traction.
Why do you care about high mileage anyway?
Money-Mouth.png
Good point about the mileage and related costs. I just thought it might give me a bit more time hooning the curves. 😂

Mounted an exedra max today. Very happy with the results soo far. Used black rubber washers to add angle to the mud guard. I didn't need to install a metal plate on the right side. I just clipped off the bottom of the mounting hole so I could slide the guard up and then retorque the bolt right at the bottom edge. Gave me the room I needed. I didn't install any washers at the forward hole.

I definitely can feel the quicker turn in. Haven't put many miles on it so far but I'm confident I'll really like it. I went with an Avon for the front tire.

Back