More Idle Issues

DANNO

.060 Over
Since my last post on my idle issue, I have had my R3 back to a different dealer who had the bike 2 weeks and replaced the stepper motor. I knew from reading the different forums that it was most likley a temporary fix, which it was. The bike is worse than ever now, it dies at almost every stop. My question is does everyone who is having this idle problem also have the intermittent cutting out or sputtering at even, or slightly decel throttle position. This problem also is not getting fixed. I am afraid that I am either going to lose my butt on trading it or have to hire a lawyer to represent me in a lemon law case. Its really too bad, I like the machine but the **** thing is dangerous when you are making a slow speed turn and it dies, the back tire locks up, you almost fall over, and your wife on the back seat says she dosen't want to die along with you!!:mad:

Same probs here,mine stalls all the time,idles (when it hasnt stalled)like its got super lumpy cams and on restart it back fires.I am trying one of the fixes at the moment,I will take it out for a ride soon and report back.
I agree that this is DANGEROUS and some one is going to get hurt or KILLED:soapbox:

:) I think the FIX should be posted right on the front page of this website and call attention to it as Rocket owners on all forums are experiencing this problem...

I think Triumph needs to come up with their fix....

Maybe Hondax could use this issue as as a news story, "Reporting live from cyberland... Hondax!!!"

Hello gentlemen .I just want to add my voice to this one. I don`t presently have an idle problem,though I have in the past .From someone in the trade ,I think that thusfar Tomo`s fix is the best option ,however it is ,as I`m sure Tom will agree not satisfactory that we as owners should be trying to address the issue.THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT TRIUMPH OWN and should fix .This is not to mention other issues (gearshift and output shaft bearing) that they need to address.These are real safety issues and **** it we cannot wait until we lose a guy here.This sux Triumph,sort it out !!!:mad:
oh and to all the fine rocketeers:bch:

also have the intermittent cutting out or sputtering at even, or slightly decel throttle position

Hey Danno, I did Tomo's fix and have been almost 3000 miles without a stall. I have, however had a slight hesitation just off idle since having the 20054 tune installed at the dealer. It can be very frustrating when driving around town..

Production date

I see that not all R3 owners are experiencing the idle issue. Has anynoe done a production date comparison. I have been in the automotive field for 25 years, and have seen my share of electronics failures and some of them were production date sensitive. My R3 was born on June 2004 which would makes it one of the earlier ones. Mabey they had a bad run of ECUs, possibly a newer one could fix our problems. Could all of you with idle issues post your born on dates. I would pay for a new ECU if it would fix the problem, then at least wouldn't be walking around half pissed off about it.:confused:

How do you figure out the born on date again with our bikes? I once knew but have since forgotten since I suffer from CRS :).

Back