More Idle Issues

Give me a bit... I will try to set up a poll that may help answer Danno's question. It will be in a new thread.

THE PUNISHER said:
This is what my bike is like when cold
:gp:
Wow, that blows. I'm glad I don't have that problem (yet). I do notice a little hesitation from idle that can cause some very jerky starts, but nothing I can't live with right now. I read and printed TOMO's fix in case mine starts doing it too. Anyway, I feel for you. Scott

Crossing my fingers as I just learned that my bike was 14mo. old before got it.02-05,wonder how that fits into the sceme of future developments in these discusions.Can't believe it sat on the shelf that flippin long.What is really going on here?:mad:

An update on that sticker as I was just informed by my dealer today is,that the date on the frame on the left side is the frame mfg.date.The vin# defines the bike mfg.date.However machines built this year are designated as 07'models.A common practice in the business I'm told.Maybe Toystoretom has a handle on this cause I think I just got a case of the "business".:cool:Anyway the 07's will have the cat box filled in all states.

stalling problem

I am thinking of buying an 05 that is suppose to be one of the first 200 sold in the USA. He has the cat removed and has the TOR pipes. Does that cure the problem?
Jamboa

Hey Jambo welcome. I don't think exhaust set up has much to do with how it idles. I would check to see that it does have a good idle though when it is warm. There was also a final drive recall that should of been taken care of.

It seems to me.... over on TRat... the German Dude had asked about dating using the VIN and we had come up with the top secrect Triumph VIN decoder. But it took so long to do so no one really got into it. Let me see if I can dig that up....

Here it is... it doesn't give the month....

Last edited:
Back