Lock and Adjustment nut on steering stem.

...Steve, my post was intended to be helpful... a peice of flat laying around the shed, 20 minutes of my time, headstem adjusted, i'm out riding...

SWEET!
Send me a set? . . . :roll:

Fair dinkum, M8!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

then you gotta go single me for your own amusement and high score... this is exactly the kind of BS that puts a damper on the “imput” of others.

knock yourself out.... like I said,, go **** yourself!

...Steve, my post was intended to be helpful... a peice of flat laying around the shed, 20 minutes of my time, headstem adjusted, i'm out riding...

then you gotta go single me for your own amusement and high score... this is exactly the kind of BS that puts a damper on the “imput” of others.

DUDE! Didn't sound to me like he had any such intention o_O
I believe you misinterpreted that post completely :thumbsdown:

I think fair dinkum means good show or something close, in Australian, not sure why you think he was being sarcastic?

Does somebody need a therapy pup? Geez, I think I'll go take up a nice protest or something................o_O

fair dinkum
phrase of dinkum

1. 1.
    used to emphasize that or query whether something is genuine or true.
    "it's a fair dinkum Aussie wedding"
    • used to emphasize that behavior complies with accepted standards.
      "they were asking a lot for the car, but fair dinkum considering its list price"

WOW DeanO!
My compliment to your field expedience for building those flat open-end wrenches and wanting a set somehow pissed you off???
Then you stated "Pay shipping and they're yours, Mate".
I replied "Fair Dinkum" meaning (to me at least) that you were being very gracious.
Somehow you then went negative on me???
For my part, I meant absolutely NO sarcasm!
If there is something I'm missing, please enlighten me!

Never figured them folks to be such thin skinned. Always thought the Australians were a tough crowd. The ones I ran across in the Marines and Navy were very hard to offend. Matter of fact they were just about as hard core as they come. Could not piss them off no matter what you did. Well enough about that. Got the front end just right. Took a bit of work but the wobble is all gone at 110 mph plus. Used a 1 1/2 long socket to get the right torque and the modified wrench and all is good. Very happy with the results. The dam$ clutch cable needs to re-routed over the front yoke but that is ok because I was planning on removing it and getting some lube in it anyways. Getting kinda cold but as soon as the sun goes down we are going to re-adjust the daymakers. In the morning plan on lubing the clutch cable and routing it correctly, then we are going to remove the gas tank and replace the filter. Figured maybe even getting her ready for a valve clearance check. So far very happy. The changes made with Tune ECU has got me up to 135 MPH with a stock bike. Really surprised the hell out of me. Downloaded the stock tune and then made a few changes. Worked out rather well. My employer is really pissed off. Was supposed to work this weekend as normal but refused. Told them all that I need to get the ROCKET up. Well they came back with what about the Harley, you have been riding that for the last two weeks without a problem. I just gave them a dirty look.:roll::roll:Loving every minute.

Last edited:
Back