Rear Dresser bars and saddlebags

Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
First, what's the deal with price? Bike bandit and a dealer in Miami want $75. Most other places want $250.

Next, I'm putting Tsuyaka strong bags on my '17 Roadster and am curious how far the bars hang back and if they are gonna be in the way of the bags.

Guess I'll answer myself in case anyone searches for this in the future.
MSRP for the bars is $250. They (at the time I ordered) were part of the Triumph price drop, stock purging that periodically happens, and I was able to find them for $75.

Stock rear bars stick back a little far for use-as is- with the Tsuyaka Strong bags.
I ended up cutting the stock mounting brackets off and welding on some new mounting tabs that would
a) stick out far enough to provide drop coverage to the bags and
b) relocate them so they would clear where I had the bags mounted
I will post some pics once I get both sides fully mounted up (I only have the right side mounted as of now to ensure I like where they're situated).

Left side with new mounting tabs

20190226_150023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I came here with the same problem you had. I have some leather bags being made but they're pretty long and I think will partially cover the shock. The stock dresser bars are set really far back, I guess to mate with the stock saddlebags. I'd hate to take a bandsaw to a brand new set, and I'll have to call in a few favors for the fabrication and welding. At 75 it may be worth it, but not 250.

Yeah, haven't looked since I finally got mine, but prices were all over the place. I did end up finally getting them for @75. I would never have paid 250. I definitely like them though!

Yeah, haven't looked since I finally got mine, but prices were all over the place. I did end up finally getting them for @75. I would never have paid 250. I definitely like them though!
Nice, you got lucky. They're back up to 250. I'll check back periodically. Thanks for the help, though. Every question I have had about this bike so far has already been answered on this forum. You guys have all been a big help!

I got lucky with my bars $100 Kiwi used and lucky me they where in the same town as my parents so dad paid and sent them as a birthday gift.
Great deal as well. I wouldn't mind coming across a scuffed up, cheap used set since I'd likely be powdercoating them black anyway. I cant make any decisions until my saddlebags arrive, tho

Back