Met both V-Max and Diavel on the street...

I have always believed that it is more the rider than the bike.
The power in all these bikes are only as good as the rider applying the throttle.
I do not consider myself in that class by the way.

Ducati....V Max....
You ain’t seen nothin till a fella pulls up beside you on a Suzuki Bergman 650...
I was riding home from work tonight on my Roadster, cruising along at about 110 km/h. Was enjoying the view and I was surprised when this scooter pulled up beside me in the right lane.

You had to see buddy... half helmet, aviation goggles, leather jacket and a grin from ear to ear.
As he was trying to pass me I just kinda matched his speed and rode beside him for a bit. We were up to about 130kmh and I eased off the throttle a little just to let him pull ahead a bit. I started to laugh, as he started to pull ahead he began to tuck down behind his screen. I think he actually thought he was going to pull away.
I pulled back beside him, gave a little wave and that was pretty much it, I just rolled on...
I’d love to buy the fella a beer just for the effort..lol..

You must be able to ride pretty well. The V max if stock as a rock has 175-178 HP at the tyre. The forks are a bit scetchy on them though. Diavels struggle to to over 130 .In stock trim, but will do 145 with good pipes and tune.

Well ... no. Like most captains here I have been riding for a while, but I don't think I'm particularly fast.
The V-Max was probably just catching a wobble with all his luggage. And the Diavel bloke was maybe slower than his bike.

Stock for stock my Diavel will run away and hide from my R3R at pretty much any speed, time or place. Even with another 30 HP I don't think my Rocket would touch the Diavel.

Hello Taz, I'm about 40hp over stock right now. Yes this time my Rocket was at least equal with that Diavel, but it depends on the rider as well, of course.
If I encounter any other Diavel, I'll be back here to report.

I'll take a different stab here, yesterday en route to work, I see a first gen VMAX take the ramp ahead of me. I was filled with happiness just to see one out there. I miss #26, my 2006 VMAX quit a bit and would love to own another someday. They are as rare as Rickets it seems.

I'll take a different stab here, yesterday en route to work, I see a first gen VMAX take the ramp ahead of me. I was filled with happiness just to see one out there. I miss #26, my 2006 VMAX quit a bit and would love to own another someday. They are as rare as Rickets it seems.

I had 2006 first gen VMAX as well. It was my first brand new motorcycle. **** thing handled like a freight train and had a 25 mile saddle. But it was a hell of a first muscle bike.
I still prefer the looks over the current model.

Ironically, the VMAX was what got me interested in the rocket. I read in a cycle world article that the rocket was 3/10’s faster than my VMAX. Definitely required a looking into.

We have a few up here in Michigan. It’s funny. Once you’ve owned one you can spot it from every direction - coming at you, from behind and of course from the side.

I tell my wife all the time that I’ll own one again. That manga super charger kit always piqued my interest...

But here is the deal: I have full Wilbers suspension, front and back! No wobbling until 200+kph, even with luggage. So yes, wringing it out I was finally able to walk away from that V-Max, until it was totally gone from my mirrors ... and it felt great. Conquered the legend! I think with OEM shocks it would have been more difficult though.

Which Wilbers shocks are you running in the rear? and, did you only upgrade the fork springs or did you go further than that?

Back