When it comes to electrical wiring - I be simple = drongo. :rolleyes:
HansO knows this and is just being a helpful bloke. :thumbsup:

Bull, you aren't simple, now take me for example I am still struggling with the dipstick reading options. Hopefully someday I can get some detailed photos!

Bull, you aren't simple, now take me for example I am still struggling with the dipstick reading options. Hopefully someday I can get some detailed photos!

It's SIMPLE, Bama Boy!
You must wear a striped cloth railroad cap when reading dipstick!

Thanks Bull, I have been doing some extensive research and have decided to start a new venture. I am going to start a mobile dipstick reading service and shall launch it at Sturgis this August. I think I shall make a killing!
6a010535d07789970c013487c8d087970c-800wi.jpg

Great idea, Bama Boy!
And if any dipstick gives you trouble -
insert the pointy end of your cane (brass beak) up their ass!!!
PS:
NICE HAT!

I did the LED turn signals and bought the flasher from a LED place and soon as I installed it and tried it it blew my fuse 15 amp any suggestions?

I don't know what sort of LEDs you installed, but when I replaced my standard globes with LEDs in the stock indicators I found I had to reverse the wiring on 3 of the 4 lights. Nothing blew but there were strange noises coming from the LED relay until I sorted out the wires. LEDs need to be wired up the correct and only way. Wonder if that's your problem.

as Richard said check your polarity as LED's are polar sensitive, I fitted Have fitted LED interior (LandCruiser) light x2 Globes and they took different type globes, one of them had some sort of self correction built in the other a Festoon type globe did not and only works in direction, turn it about face and it does nothing,
Also another thing to check is that OEM indicators are insulated both neg and pos from bike which is why Richards OEM ones would have worked, but if your new LED ones earth thru the indicator body as mine do and one of your wire were incorrectly connected at the factory so you might be actually be connecting an positive wire to an earth, to check replace your fuse disconnect the all indicators wires and check each one with ignition on and indicators active. I hope this make sense to you

It all makes seance, to me; but LED's only work one way if they aren't working then they are hooked up wrong. I put on the Rivco turn signal mirrors and the turn signal indicator license plate bracket which has the marker, brake, and turn signal built into it and its Chrome.. Looks Awsum!!! and flashes fast but it is working. I thought about raising the fuse amp and installing a 30 Amp fuse and then trying it. Mabe I just got a bad relay from the LED place, or maby its wired for a car and not a bike...When I feel like digging all the wires out from under the fender AGAIN i can do it one wire at a time...If I remember correctly. I did not take out the original wires. I did do one wire at a time. The relay I bought was not from a Motorbike place...Are they different?

Back