Self-cancelling indicators

Yep, I had a look at the Kisan product but thought it was very expensive for what it is - basically a timer. The STS is about half the price (for me in the UK) and is a bit more sophisticated, combining the timer function with a sensitive 'black box' which detects any form of direction change - even lane changes, roundabouts etc. The signals are cancelled very quickly which is great in town centre traffic and when changing lanes on motorways. It's almost spooky how quick it is - sometimes quicker than I could have done it manually! The handlebar switch is easily modified (but reversable) to auto-centre which seems natural to me. A very elegant solution and a worthwhile safety upgrade IMO.
My tip for a better installation - bin the red automotive bullet connectors that are supplied with the kit and put some proper crimp terminals on ;)

Last edited:
As I had the switch apart I thought I would experiment with some foam that I had lying around - about 6mm thick

20220926_152144.jpg

So I popped in a couple of pieces in each side of the springs to keep the pressure as even as possible.

20220926_152955.jpg

After putting everything back together the result is pretty good. The button is now firm but momentary - I can still get it to latch if I push hard either way but we will see how it goes when I get the STS module next week. I reckon it might 'give' over time and need some stiffer foam but it's only a 10-minute job to replace it so not a problem.
R111 Left Hand Control.png

Hi RazMan,
Awesome! How'd you get her apart?
Did you Have to remove the thumb toggle switch (red arrows)?
If so how did you do it, it looked to me like there was a small pin inserted (blue arrow) to keep it together and I couldn't see how to remove it.

You don't have to remove the switch toggle - just split the switch, remove the securing screws and it all pulls out from the inside, leaving the toggle in place. A lot easier than you think ;)

Last edited:
You don't have to remove the switch toggle - just split the switch, take out the securing screws on the inside and it all pulls out from the rear, leaving the toggle in place. A lot easier than you think ;)
That's fantastic. Thank you. My rocket is put away for the winter now, but next year I'll have self canceling signals.

Back