Just picked up '12 Rocket....

Thanks for the forum welcome...lots of great ideas can't wait to get started...she's a beauty but I never imagined how much unlocked potential she has.....and like many beautiful ladies, takes some money to bring it out!

• As for Tune ECU and cable, is it worth to go all the way to power commander V with Autotune? Any conflict with carpenter?
  • LED's on list...what brand did you go with?
  • Thunder bars...deciding between over sized and 1 1/4", anyone seen how the difference looks?
  • Who makes a horn befitting of the Beast.....one that makes you **** your pants, lol!
Thanks in advance for all the help....what better way to get it right the first time than to ask for those who have "been there and done that"!

Cheers!

Mike

Fat Thunderbike T-Bars suit the Rocket I reckon .. the Nautilus lets the other road users know you're there. Heart attack material to be honest .. hahaha.

Sorry to be so late. Welcome to the Forum from Sunny South Florida! Glad you're enjoying your new ride - make sure you post pictures or we won't believe you really own one and instead we'll know that you just want to hang around with the coolest group of Rocket Captains on the Web!

Lol! You caught me....halfway. I do want to hang with the coolest Captains but I did buy one!

TuneECU and PCV+AT are two very different beasties and won't conflict. The PCV+AT intercepts the signal after it leaves the ECU, does witchcraft to it, and then sends it to the injectors. You will need a map for it. Hanso has a couple of very good maps which he developed on a base tune from my bike (done by PowerTripp on the dyno) and from a map supplied to him for the PCV from PowerTripp. These maps work exceedingly well.

TuneECU will allow you, or a competent dyno tuner, to alter the tune inside the ECU. In addition, it will enable you to diagnose problems, correct them, remove fault codes, balance the throttle bodies, reset the ISCV, and a myriad other things.

I use both PCV+AT and TuneECU. I also have TuneBoy, but can't remember the last time I used it. If you plan on changing the air filters or exhaust then PCV+AT will sort out the A/F mixture for you with whatever (reasonable) mods you make.

Thanks.....had to sit with that info for a bit but it finally sank in. Think the PCV is necessary or can I find tunes for future mods easy enough?

Thanks.....had to sit with that info for a bit but it finally sank in. Think the PCV is necessary or can I find tunes for future mods easy enough?
Very few things a necessary, but many are desirable. ;) There are a plethora of tunes available. Many who post here will gladly give you a copy of the tune that they paid a lot of money to get on their bikes. However, as each bike is slightly different, those tunes will not match your bike exactly. I had my bike tuned by the best bloke around, then changed my exhaust pipes. I could drive down to Birmingham AL and get it tuned again, but I got the PCV+AT instead - and now all is good.

Thanks idk. Had the PCV on my storm....had no issues with changes to bike which i didn't appreciate....guess it worth it.

Back