Just picked up '12 Rocket....

mikewd

.060 Over
Ride
'12 R3 Roadster
Traded in '11 Storm for '12 Rocket and just rode back from dealer in NH to home state of CT. What a ride....I'm still grinning! Glad at my age I can still get a rise out of something! Now to decide on fine tuning....which exhaust (needs more sound for me) want t-bars with a little less forward position from stock, and any other Big Bang for buck suggestions from experienced owners....any suggestions for exhausts, bars or big bangs?

Thanks, Mike

G'day and Congratulations on the upgrade and going to the trouble of Introducing yourself ... Thunderbike New Zealand make the best T-Bars .. Aussies make the best exhausts .. C.E.S or Rebands. As far as big bangs go ... local gun store perhaps :laugh:

Thanks for the suggestions. Read somewhere there's a fuel tank access issue with Thunderbars...accurate?

Welcome Mike. Smart move.

Best low cost upgrade is to replace the thing that beeps when you press the horn button with something that actually sounds like a horn. Plenty of big bangs mostly costing big bucks although TORs exhaust are an affordable first step.

After you get the new tune, ride down to Carpenter's Racing and get the engine upgrade kit, 210-240 HP should work and he has a new exhaust too I believe for ya. Might even get better milage if you can keep the front wheel on the ground. BTW, Welcome from VA.

Back