Installing TORS ??

When you fit the Cat eliminator and the new Cans it is better to leave all connections and clamps loose, this helps when you are trying to line up and start the mounting bracket bolts..
Once everything is in place then go around and systematically tighten all fittings.. I also found that a little light oil inside of the Can tube gaskets helped to make the slip over the pipes.

When you fit the Cat eliminator and the new Cans it is better to leave all connections and clamps loose, this helps when you are trying to line up and start the mounting bracket bolts..
Once everything is in place then go around and systematically tighten all fittings.. I also found that a little light oil inside of the Can tube gaskets helped to make the slip over the pipes.

With the one pipe mounted to the bike and the other pipes attached to the cat delete and the bike, the one needed to move forward 1/2" or just over 1 cm.
I tried taking the others off and I always end up with one of the lower pipes that much off. So I chose the one that allowed me to drill holes in the mount.
No big deal just aggravating.
I may get an extension added to the cat delete later if it gives me problems.

Looking closely at the pics you posted it looks like the pipe that attaches to the engine pipe is not only a tiny bit shorter than the Triumph one but at a slightly different angle. That would have the effect, if connected up fully, of rotating the collector slightly or, as you've said, being too short to reach once the pipes are attached. I think that's the cause. Sounds like you're onto it though. What I don't get is how the standard pipes fitted up???

Looking closely at the pics you posted it looks like the pipe that attaches to the engine pipe is not only a tiny bit shorter than the Triumph one but at a slightly different angle. That would have the effect, if connected up fully, of rotating the collector slightly or, as you've said, being too short to reach once the pipes are attached. I think that's the cause. Sounds like you're onto it though. What I don't get is how the standard pipes fitted up???

Your right. I think that is where the problem is. Its not bent enough.

I didnt try the stock pipes with the cat delete. Everything was changed out at one time.
K&N triples, cat delete and TORS.

The cat delete nearly touches the starter. I hope that is not a future problem.

Nolton I would suggest you wrap the cat eliminator as it looks very close to the s/m and the heat from the pipe is going to be extreem, I wrapped mine and its nowhere as close as yours look from the pic.
JMHO..

I had a roll of 2" exhaust tape.. looks like the old woven asbestos but I think its some type of glass/synthetic fiber I am sure you will get at the exhaust shop.. I wrapped it as tight as I could and the run galv wire around the wrapping.. I have to find something better.. I was thinking of using the steel spiral they use as armour on hydraulic hose's.
It is a little fiddly to do the wrapping with the pipe in place..:(

I had a roll of 2" exhaust tape.. looks like the old woven asbestos but I think its some type of glass/synthetic fiber I am sure you will get at the exhaust shop.. I wrapped it as tight as I could and the run galv wire around the wrapping.. I have to find something better.. I was thinking of using the steel spiral they use as armour on hydraulic hose's.
It is a little fiddly to do the wrapping with the pipe in place..:(

I have a friend looking to see if he has some header wrap left. I will try it first.

Yea I tried that.

The cat delete is custom made and that may have been the problem.
Its on now but I havent checked it to see if it leaks.

Installing TORS, cat delete and full K&N triples kit is a job when I have never worked on a motorcycle before. :eek:

You should be proud of yourself young man ! I know it doesn't make any sense but when I went from stock to tors (with delete already in place) I had to do a little finagling to get mine to fit as well.

Back