Installation of Neville Lush Racing "street" cams in 2014 Rocket III Touring

I'm glad you still have patience Paul. I like the RTV idea gluing the gasket in like that should keep the gasket from coming out.

They must use $hit material for valve cover gaskets these days. Mine still has the original 05' gasket and doesn't leak a drop. I put a little dab of RTV in the "u pockets" and leave the rest dry.

If a new gasket doesn't fix it, I would recommend Loctite Black RTV sealant. Put a thin layer on the whole gasket. Don't use Permatex RTV. It stays kinda gooy and will cause the gasket to slip out. This is from back in the HD shovelhead days.
Same gasket as what you have in the 05. Checked and Truimph is using the same one as found in the original bikes.

Same as in the old small block Chevy valve cover days. Cork, rubber, they'd all leak if not done right. And as always, there were/are different versions of "right". With the Chevy's, I used to glue the cork gaskets to the valve covers with the yellow 3M, (gorilla snot). Wipe the head surface with lacquer thinner while the glue dried, then put them on, only glue on cover side, head side clean. With the rubber ones, if you used any kind of sealant, they usually wound up squirting out, here and there. Ahhh the good ole days, and the smell of oil on the headers!;)

Same as in the old small block Chevy valve cover days. Cork, rubber, they'd all leak if not done right. And as always, there were/are different versions of "right". With the Chevy's, I used to glue the cork gaskets to the valve covers with the yellow 3M, (gorilla snot). Wipe the head surface with lacquer thinner while the glue dried, then put them on, only glue on cover side, head side clean. With the rubber ones, if you used any kind of sealant, they usually wound up squirting out, here and there. Ahhh the good ole days, and the smell of oil on the headers!;)

I used to use gorilla snot on the shovel as well, for things like cylinder base gaskets.

You two are really showing your age. All kidding aside. The valve cover gasket on the Rocket can be installed so it does not leak. Patience and A good clean shot at it is all that is required. Read between the lines and it answers the question on how to install and have no leaks at 20,000 miles plus.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back