Installation of Neville Lush Racing "street" cams in 2014 Rocket III Touring

All in due time. Will likely be another month or so -- as I really don't want to put her through the paces until the dynamometer results have been incorporated.

The plan all along was to replace the cams, install the Power Commander III, perform the performance tune, back from that, import the PC-3 trim tables into the current map via TuneECU, and reflash.

So we're just near the end (and belatedly) of the 'replace the cams' milestone. When I first started this, it was suggested if I took my time, I would have this done in a day.
It almost sounds like you are a project manager...

If you use a PCV/AT instead of the PCIII then you can use the Auto Tune to make sure that it is always running right, or at least extremely close to it, no matter what mods you make - within reason of course.

If you use a PCV/AT instead of the PCIII then you can use the Auto Tune to make sure that it is always running right, or at least extremely close to it, no matter what mods you make - within reason of course.

Aye -- I may get there.

I didn't purchase the PCIII - it's sole purpose is as a temporary conduit for tuners uncomfortable with TuneECU or have a strong preference for Power Commander.

As you point out, using PCV/AT is with a different purpose, and would remain on the bike.

Thank you.

Took the bike out again this morning (see the "Instrument cluster gone bad?" thread), and appears all the electrics are doing what they're supposed.

Of course, when one's attention is less on something that was grabbing, one notices other things.

Now, I have two spots leaking oil from the valve cover gasket.

I suspect at some point, I'll get tired of wiping the oil down after every ride, and go back, and remove the fuel tank, throttle bodies, coils, and wiring harness out of the way for best visibility of the valves, and go back and review the threads of similar leaks and do it again.

They must use $hit material for valve cover gaskets these days. Mine still has the original 05' gasket and doesn't leak a drop. I put a little dab of RTV in the "u pockets" and leave the rest dry.

If a new gasket doesn't fix it, I would recommend Loctite Black RTV sealant. Put a thin layer on the whole gasket. Don't use Permatex RTV. It stays kinda gooy and will cause the gasket to slip out. This is from back in the HD shovelhead days.

Back