Installation of Neville Lush Racing "Street" cam shafts - coda

See what your cams did already Nev! And if anyone wonders on longevity. Wayne as ka Bluemarlin is still running Nev's cams and Sam's predator pipe. I remember running into him in 09 at bike week. First predator pipe I ever seen.

Well, here is Paul's power test before and after. I have learned he has a funny Apple type computer,so cannot read the run files given to him by MRP motorsports. This graph has speed on the bottom axis as the rpm pickup was scattered on the baseline run file. I have printed it from my computer,which is why my name is on the top, I did not tune the bike from afar. Looking at the data in the various run files sent, the gent at MRP has done a pretty decent job, and the final run was done on a pretty dirty day for tuning bikes. More to follow.
Paul K001.jpg

This graph is a comparison of torque. The blue graph line is broken due to the rpm scatter described above, but is 100% throttle from Paul's baseline run. The green line is at 60% throttle.On the road this means, pretty much he now has more torque at 60% throttle than he previously had at 100%.
Paul K002.jpg

It absolutely could be. Most manufacturers these days have internet connection for their machines built in for firmware updates and such. Implementing remote operation is a trivial extension.

It absolutely could be. Most manufacturers these days have internet connection for their machines built in for firmware updates and such. Implementing remote operation is a trivial extension.
Well not so trivial. You need MONSTER bandwidth if you're using graphics. I have a 300/300Mb/s fibre link. Here and at work - latency on graphics is still an issue. I know quite a few places that still have ADSL at 3Mb/512K.

Maybe we just jack the dyno gods in -
NASA-matrix-computer-program-678x381.jpg

Dynojet software upgrades in 2017 caused a 3% reduction in power reading on their machines. Going from version 7 to version 8 software causes it, and they acknowledge this makes tuners jobs harder because the same bike now shows lower for no reason besides an algorithm, they don’t care.

I verified this on my bike using a V7 and V8 dyno about a week after the software was released.

Rob, the bunch of data files I received were in the WinPEP 7 format, so that is no issue. Also the glitch in software was so loudly complained about by all and sundry, that is has been now rectified in WinPEP8. I have all the gear to update my machine to WinPEP8 and have had it for over a year. I keep hearing so many horror stories about issues with the software/hardware stacks etc , that I have not installed it. I do not wish to take two days off to upgrade my machine to something which does not work. There is only one and a bit of me, so no work=no income. I am in the beginnings of building a new "tin shed" so am looking about for another 250i, I can then have two. The one I buy will provide a whole spare WinPEP7 set-up and the WinPEP8 can go onto the other. Re tuning from afar :) , it may be a little tricky reaching the throttle from here, no matter what electronic jiggery pokery is available....

Back