How To: Fit Carpenter Racing 210/240/265hp Kit (Inc. Dialling In Cams)

Bloody h£ll...that was one marathon of a posting - congratulations! That is an epic read that'll help me sleep for weeks! Tis always a shame when most of the information flies right over the top and sails into the sunset!!:notworthy::notworthy:
Help you sleep for weeks for christsake I fell asleep three times while reading it :D great post

Great post. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Up early this morning and not by choice. Last nights dinner did not set to well. Very interesting post for those that want to learn more about the Rocket. Still learning;);););)

Last edited:
you should probably list the new torque specs on the cam gear bolts

ooh have they changed? please do tell bro!

One note, while searching for TDC, not sure if you mentioned this, if one were proficient with a dial indicator it’s a good idea to validate the TDC marks with a timing wheel.

The mark will always get you very very close, but, my crank was a tiny bit off from true TDC when the marks were aligned, like 0.5 degrees. Close but not perfect.

You probably twisted your crank that 0.5° from thrashing it so much :D

My TDC mark was actually spot on, i'd verified it (& #2 & #3 also) with the dial indicator before fitting the head. i'm a bit OCD like that
In fact had a degree wheel on standby but tossed it as i didn't use it after (you only need to know Cyl#1 TDC)

If not too crass a question turbo , what did the entire project cost in English currency ?

Hmm I researched and wrote out a detailed how-to in planning this thing the first time, took lots of pics, but didn't note the ££££ (too frightening lol)

The parts is list there if anyone wants accurate numbers but I reckon about £6000 doing the work yourself.

Comparable package in terms of outright bhp from TTS (stage 1), would be about the same if not more i think, all spends necessary included

Awesome work sir! I hope to use some of this info soon!

Anyone have a 240 tunecu file? Im not going down the tuneboy route.

Awesome work sir! I hope to use some of this info soon!

Anyone have a 240 tunecu file? Im not going down the tuneboy route.

you're very welcome sir. what rev limit (and subsequently, top speed) are you going for?

Back