How To: Fit Carpenter Racing 210/240/265hp Kit (Inc. Dialling In Cams)

I have one you can use but you’ll need PCV if your keeping stock injectors
Thats the plan. I just do not want tuneboy. Id rather either get a tuneecu tune or have one developed in the dyno room. Il hit you up when im ready. Still got a little season left of riding.

My map has tables rescaled to facilitate 8K tuning in the ECU. With stock injectors you need the extra % fuel above the 85% limit, with 550s you could forgoe the PC-V.

My map has tables rescaled to facilitate 8K tuning in the ECU. With stock injectors you need the extra % fuel above the 85% limit, with 550s you could forgoe the PC-V.
That is interesting. 1 plus with the PCV is im sure I could get a better tune since thats what most are familiar with. Im gonna consider upgrading the injectors then. Probably for less $ that a PCV too.

If your going the 550 injector route ensure you’ve a TuneECU tuner nearby, otherwise I’d suggest just going with PC-V, as you said it’s most tuners comfort zone.

I have a suitable big injector base map, but You’ll need to get it tuned because I don’t run the carpenter exhaust, and I have higher compression than is normally done in the 240 kit.

The 550s are technically slightly too small for the 265 kit, and slightly oversized for the 240, to fall within 80% duty cycle. I see 88-89% with ~245 whp.

Well as to rev limit, whatever seems safe and practical. 8k?

Top speed? I have no idea. Lets make it 10 mph faster than my guardian angel!

We were only really limited to Tuneboy for Carpenter Racing kits as that is what Bob uses, one reason being Tuneboy did the 9000rpm map for them, whereas a TuneECU 9000rpm map was not available.

Now we have a 9000rpm TuneECU Roadster map available, you can get it here
Carpenter have this now too, but i think they're still sticking with Tuneboy.

If you want to stick to 8000rpm, @Claviger has that Roadster map as above (note: for a 265 engine)

Provided you go with 240hp kit you'll need to copy over the values from Carpenter Racing Tuneboy 240 map, whether you go with 8 or 9000rpm limit. Actually I have that 240 map half copied over to TuneECU, will post it up when ready

Is there any way you can copy the TuneBoy 265 map over to a 9000 rpm TuneECU map? I hate being stuck with TuneBoy, and not being able to read my ECU.

Back