How can I tell what exhaust mods I have?

sams2100

.040 Over
I got my 2011 R3R from a guy about 3 weeks ago and he said he had the exhaust upgraded at the dealer when he bought it. He described it as a high flow exhaust upgrade, but I have no idea what he actually had done.

I see two possible upgrades from Triumph, but how can I tell which one it is? Is there something I can look for that would indicate one or the other?

Here's the two possible upgrades that I"m aware of currently:
Triumph Rocket III Accessory Mufflers, A9608077
Triumph Rocket III Mufflers Upgrade Kit

I got my 2011 R3R from a guy about 3 weeks ago and he said he had the exhaust upgraded at the dealer when he bought it. He described it as a high flow exhaust upgrade, but I have no idea what he actually had done.

I see two possible upgrades from Triumph, but how can I tell which one it is? Is there something I can look for that would indicate one or the other?

Triumph Rocket III Accessory Mufflers, A9608077
Triumph Rocket III Mufflers Upgrade Kit

I would call the dealer that he got it from, they should have records.

Triumph Rocket III Accessory Mufflers, A9608077 ..this is for the latest models

Triumph Rocket III Mufflers Upgrade Kit ..this is what I have on my 05.. a Cat delete upgrade collector, used with 3 mufflers and can be adapted for 2 muffles.
Its located just in front of the rear tyre directly below the battery vertically downwards.

Hope this helps

I would think you'd know if you have 2 mufflers or not. Look for a stamp on the underside of each muffler that says "Not for Highway Use". The part number should also be there. If not, you either have some other aftermarket pipes or maybe even still have the stock mufflers.

The second link is a cat eliminator which is not a part for the Roadster but for the 2009 and earlier models.

I would think you'd know if you have 2 mufflers or not. Look for a stamp on the underside of each muffler that says "Not for Highway Use". The part number should also be there. If not, you either have some other aftermarket pipes or maybe even still have the stock mufflers.

Good call with looking at the underside. The part number was A9600322 and it said "Not for Road Use". I did a google search for the part and can't find much detail on it so not sure what aftermarket exhaust they put on it.

Here's a picture of the exhaust stamp and the other parts further up the pipes in case that gives an idea of what it might be. It doesn't appear to be the cat bypass, so I think all that stuff is the same, just the very end of the exhaust was changed.

Attachments

• IMG_20120731_004529.jpg
    IMG_20120731_004529.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20120731_004838.jpg
    IMG_20120731_004838.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 191
You would seem to have Roadster TORs (Triumph Off Road) - although I haven't checkered the part number. As the cats were in the stock pipes on a Roadster you now have no cat on the bike. The box that looks like the cat box is just the crossover. I believe it's more or less empty just with some baffling to balance the exhaust. You can get a more efficient crossover connector but unless you're doing other mods it may not be worth the expense. Earlier Rockets (pre 2010) had the cat in the crossover connector - hence the term "cat bypass" for the crossover that doesn't included the cat. Hope that helps.

Good call with looking at the underside. The part number was A9600322 and it said "Not for Road Use". I did a google search for the part and can't find much detail on it so not sure what aftermarket exhaust they put on it.

Here's a picture of the exhaust stamp and the other parts further up the pipes in case that gives an idea of what it might be. It doesn't appear to be the cat bypass, so I think all that stuff is the same, just the very end of the exhaust was changed.

Do they look like these ??

triumphcenteruppsala.se - Sveriges strsta databas av reservdelar till triumph

The other pic is the expansion box .. you need a 1 into 2 collector pipe assy or a 1 into 3 and blank one outlet off with a cap..to help the flow..

Looks like TORS with the cat box still intact no crossover cat eliminator. I believe they had three cats one in each pipe and one under the bike. Some of the cats under the bike were hollow like stated above. If your going to stay with tors I would look at getting a plain cross over pipe instead of the box under her.

I have the same situation with my 2013 r3r ... the TOR silencers but still the clunky crossover box. Has anyone experienced any benefit from removing the tub style crossover and going to a tube fabricated one?

Back