Honeymoon Over?

Indian/ Triumph of Knoxville on Clinton highway. Rob is the head mechanic there and I trust him %100.
It's good to have someone you trust. But I could see the scenario Tal experienced. A dealer would run the diagnostic, shows bad display, orders display, wait (how long?), installs new display (includes plugging it in firmly), and, bam,... it works!

It may not occur to them that your current display is fine and just isn't fully plugged in. If it were me I'd go down and check myself, but if you trust the dealer I'd ask them to see if pushing the plug in brings your bike back to life.

We're all pulling for ya'

It's good to have someone you trust. But I could see the scenario Tal experienced. A dealer would run the diagnostic, shows bad display, orders display, wait (how long?), installs new display (includes plugging it in firmly), and, bam,... it works!

It may not occur to them that your current display is fine and just isn't fully plugged in. If it were me I'd go down and check myself, but if you trust the dealer I'd ask them to see if pushing the plug in brings your bike back to life.

We're all pulling for ya'
...exactly my point..matbe the display has been tilted forward or back and somehow pulled on the plug...

When I was in high school in Baton Rouge..... (What? Hang on, stick with me)..... there was this guy named Bobby Lesh who could fix anything electronic. Kid was a wiz. So, one day, out of the blue, Alice Cooper comes blasting out over the loudspeaker across the campus - "School's Out for Summer, School's Out for EVER!"

Someone had obviously found a way to hack into the intercom system. After the song there was silence.... for about four seconds, then the principal came on and in this very calm voice he said, "Bobby Lesh, please report to the office." Everyone, including the principal, knew right away.

You need a Bobby Lesh :)

If they do have to replace that display, I hope you'll hang on to it. We have a few Bobby Leshes here (not me). It'd be good to know what went wrong and to have a used part you could sell to whoever this might happen to next. Maybe that next bad part can be fixed and passed on, as well.

Just a thought, Doc.....

Last edited:
When I was in high school in Baton Rouge..... (What? Hang on, stick with me)..... there was this guy named Bobby Lesh who could fix anything electronic. Kid was a wiz. So, one day, out of the blue, Alice Cooper comes blasting out over the loudspeaker across the campus - "School's Out for Summer, School's Out for EVER!"

Someone had obviously found a way to hack into the intercom system. After the song there was silence.... for about four seconds, then the principal came on and in this very calm voice he said, "Bobby Lesh, please report to the office." Everyone, including the principal, knew right away.

You need a Bobby Lesh :)

If they do have to replace that display, I hope you'll hang on to it. We have a few Bobby Leshes here (not me). It'd be good to know what went wrong and to have a used part you could sell to whoever this might happen to next. Maybe that next bad part can be fixed and passed on, as well.

Just a thought, Doc.....
I know Bobby Lesh!
He has moved to WA State and now goes by the name, Ken Scott.

The honeymoon over yet?
R.5d066d2983d1eccce35f65a141d97572

I called the shop today and requested they unplug the unit and re-plug it back in to assure the connection was proper. There were to call me if that made a difference. They have not called.:( It was a good idea and certainly the first thing to try.

Update.
I talked to the service writer yesterday and asked him if he tried unplugging and replugging the display unit. He said he worked on it cleaning the pins and off and on with Indian support for over four hours trying different things like updating and relearning all to no success. The unit is toast. I told him not to discard it but save it for me. He also added that the unit to be obtained must be specific to a TFC and registered to my specific bike #. He said the unit will be coming from across the pond.

Back