Antifreeze overflow from reservoir

the ONLY time this should or can happen when its normal is when you flush add or fill the system and don't get all the air out and it burps a bit but that is caused by steam pockets.
these rockets are EASY to bleed when filling and i have never seen any system continue to dump coolant.
Head gasket failure DUE to a warpped head caused by overheating from a bad fan or temp sender will do so by combustion gasses entering the coolant system displacing the coolant. Its easy to check if this is doing this by both the way i mentioned above and also a test kit that tests for exhaust gasses contaminating the coolant.
Usually these bikes need topping off now and again, not the other way around.
That makes a lot of sense to me Mongler. I need to find a test kit somewhere to be sure about this. It doesn’t blow antifreeze out but every other couple of long rides but still I think the test is a no brainer. Now to find the test kit and thanks. We only have one triumph dealer here in Louisville Ky but I bet you can get it somewhere else. Thanks Buddy!

Attachments

• 8DC3B373-DCD8-40DF-8CB9-FAEEAAF79C33.jpeg
    8DC3B373-DCD8-40DF-8CB9-FAEEAAF79C33.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 6
That makes a lot of sense to me Mongler. I need to find a test kit somewhere to be sure about this. It doesn’t blow antifreeze out but every other couple of long rides but still I think the test is a no brainer. Now to find the test kit and thanks. We only have one triumph dealer here in Louisville Ky but I bet you can get it somewhere else. Thanks Buddy!
if its just a tiny bit now and again, its probably just the thermostat. they are just a spring that was made in whatever poor land of your choice.
2 options.
1st is the best.
Tests & Price List | Blackstone Laboratories
Just send them the kit you buy and they will tell you exactly whats going on for $35 bucks plus shipping.
OR
on amazon for the same price
Block Tester BT-500 Combustion Leak Test Kit - Made in USA

if its just a tiny bit now and again, its probably just the thermostat. they are just a spring that was made in whatever poor land of your choice.
2 options.
1st is the best.
Tests & Price List | Blackstone Laboratories
Just send them the kit you buy and they will tell you exactly whats going on for $35 bucks plus shipping.
OR
on amazon for the same price
Block Tester BT-500 Combustion Leak Test Kit - Made in USA
Just ordered the kit from Amazon and I’ll test it myself. Sounds pretty simple to do. Always good to be safe than sorry. Thanks again Mongler!!

Was wondering if I should start the bike up with the radiator cap on until the radiator fan comes on and use the kit on the antifreeze reservoir tank or start it up with the radiator cap off and wait until the engine warms up and use the kit on the radiator cap opening. I might have to remove a little antifreeze from the radiator as not to suck antifreeze into the tube if I’m using the kit at the radiator cap opening

I would use it at the resiviour
When I got my rocket I flushed it with thermocure. This means I have to flush a heat cycle like 8 times.
The coolant expands quite a bit and unless you have the bike on a lift... you will have quite a show when the pockets of steam push out.
My thoughts too on the reservoir and yes I don’t want a steam bath either 👍

A long shot here... Mine was doing that not long ago and my fan fuse had blown, so it was over heating. I don't hear well, so I missed it at first.
Hope you find out what the deal is! Things like this can really bug a person!

Was wondering if I should start the bike up with the radiator cap on until the radiator fan comes on and use the kit on the antifreeze reservoir tank or start it up with the radiator cap off and wait until the engine warms up and use the kit on the radiator cap opening. I might have to remove a little antifreeze from the radiator as not to suck antifreeze into the tube if I’m using the kit at the radiator cap opening
I'd go back to manufacturer website and check for information. On diesels problem was showing up in degas bottle/reservoir. Usually, you can find bad head gasket, head etc. by running engine with cap off after engine has come up to temp. and thermostat has opened. I would suspect faulty sealing cap or adding to much fluid to rad., and reservoir. If it wasn't losing power, making steam, or adding water to the oil, I'd think about riding until winter then getting serious with it.

A long shot here... Mine was doing that not long ago and my fan fuse had blown, so it was over heating. I don't hear well, so I missed it at first.
Hope you find out what the deal is! Things like this can really bug a person!
My fan comes on and off when it should but thanks I’ll get that test kit in a few hours hopefully and if it test ok that will be a huge relief not worrying about a bad head gasket or worse😳

Is it normal for a little puddle of antifreeze on the ground after a ride in warm weather. This has happened a few times on my 2007 rocket 111 classic tourer but I fill the reservoir to its proper level when engine is cold and haven’t added much at all and never added to radiator. I’m thinking maybe check when engine is running with radiator cap off until thermostat opens and check it at that point but not sure. Motorcycle runs great with no issues at all except this one Thanks for any info on this and I hope it’s a normal thing!
Several questions for you. Answering them helps determine the need to delve further into this issue. I'm guessing what you are seeing is normal.
1. Are you the original owner? If so, have you ever done any engine work or addressed an engine overheat issue? If not, do you know what the previous owner did or how he treated the bike?
2. When did you last replace the coolant? Did you bleed the coolant system by removing the bleed plug beside the thermostat? (Failure to do so will cause the dreaded coolant puke issue)
3. How many miles on the bike? (Not really an issue since these usually don't have cooling type problems but good to know)
4. Do you refill the overflow bottle after some coolant is lost? (Doing so may cause the problem. This system will eventually self align if there are no other problems)
5. What is the coolant level in the overflow bottle before you go for an extended ride and the pee incident happens? Full cold, full hot or overfull?
6. After a pee incident, what is the level in the overflow bottle when the bike cools?
7. Have you ever gone for a long ride and it doesn't loose coolant? Were you able to see what the coolant level was before this non event?

I agree with Turbo. After a pee incident, I'd check to see what the level is in the bottle. As long as it is showing, even a trace amount of coolant, I'd ride. If the overflow tank eventually empties when cold, I'd then remove the rad cap (cold) and check to see what the level is in the rad itself. I bet it will still be full. If so, ride the bike and don't worry.

When I purchased my bike new, there was no coolant in the overflow bottle, but the rad was full, I topped it up to the full hot mark (overzealous) and ran the bike. It burped to the low level and it's been like that forever. When I flush the coolant system, I make sure to fill the rad with the bleed plug removed until coolant comes out, then plug the bleed, continue filling rad till full, cap the rad, then top up the overflow tank to low level and go through several hot cold cycles and recheck. The rad will draw what it needs from the overflow bottle and stabilise.

Back