Antifreeze overflow from reservoir

All that crap came out of a Rocket??? I guess you never know what's actually floating around inside an aluminium block.
Impressive.
Yes.
Chances are some dingus added tap water.
An aluminum block with steel sleves and a steel water pump and a MLS (steel) head gasket.
It does not take much!

Would believe more like mixing different antifreezes.
Btw that was magnetic... there is no iron in mixing coolants.
On a side note, our son had a humidifier and we have to use distilled water. We use tap now and again and the amount of iron that is left behind after maybe 5 or 6 gallons is insane.
At lease here in colorado and back in MD the tap water is full of iron.
I've dealt with mixed coolants before and it's not quite the same.
Who knows. All I know is its not in there now.

Last edited:
Yes.
Chances are some dingus added tap water.
An aluminum block with steel sleves and a steel water pump and a MLS (steel) head gasket.
It does not take much!
Hell the chlorine in the tap water alone eats at aluminum but yes Gregger that was a massive amount of crap🧐

To be fair the last 2 were rubber from old hoses. I did have a hose failure months later but I have used this on many cars and one that now has 100k since. No hose issues.
The hose degrading means that there was a very acidic condition going on... that is from coolant going bad / old / overheated.
That's just a educated guess. I since have a silicone hose set on her.

Also important to always flush with distilled water because of this and also that unless it's a fresh engine build, there is some water left behind. On such a small system you need to check the concentration and not guess. There is about 1 quart of water still in the system so when you add 4 quarts of 50/50 you are not actually 50/50 and if that was tap water.... you just about contaminated 1/4 of it!

To be fair the last 2 were rubber from old hoses. I did have a hose failure months later but I have used this on many cars and one that now has 100k since. No hose issues.
The hose degrading means that there was a very acidic condition going on... that is from coolant going bad / old / overheated.
That's just a educated guess. I since have a silicone hose set on her.

Also important to always flush with distilled water because of this and also that unless it's a fresh engine build, there is some water left behind. On such a small system you need to check the concentration and not guess. There is about 1 quart of water still in the system so when you add 4 quarts of 50/50 you are not actually 50/50 and if that was tap water.... you just about contaminated 1/4 of it!
Very informative Mong

Back