Honeymoon Over?

Well my TFC wouldn’t start so I trailered it into the shop. Diagnostics shows the display(TFT) has died and I need a new one. $1200 out the door but on back order with no delivery date. Chit happens to us all.
Had the same problem on my 2020 GT Doc...nothing when i turned the ignition on. I undid the bolts holding the instrument display and had a look at it. Turns out there is a plug at the back where all the wires go in and it was not quite plugged in all the way. i pushed it and it clicked into place...problem solved!

Appliances, vehicles, whatever, touchscreens are the weakest link, usually go first. Things they sell as advanced features are usually just cheaper to make. Like push button start on cars, now there's no accessory position, car has to be running to listen to radio.

Might be time for some new shoes.
shoebike.jpg

Well my TFC wouldn’t start so I trailered it into the shop. Diagnostics shows the display(TFT) has died and I need a new one. $1200 out the door but on back order with no delivery date. Chit happens to us all.
I'm really sorry to hear about this. I'd seen other posts on the displays cracking unexplainably.

I'm not a fan of dealerships. I'm not suggesting that they're being dishonest, but I wonder if they just plugged in a diagnostic tool as the first and final step. Based on what @Tal said that could be your issue too, but it would not occur to them to check that.

I wouldn't call, I'd go by there and ask to see the bike with tools in hand, flip up the display and push the cable firmly in. Hopefully, the bike starts and you wave goodbye to them for the last time.

Whatever you decide, keep us posted.....

Back