Overfilled the tank and stalled out

refined insanity

Standard Bore
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket iii
overfilled my tank and stalled out within minutes. havent had any problems before now. Ive siphoned out half a gallon but still wont start. may need to evaporate more before it runs again.

Anybody have this problem before?

That doesn't sound quite right to me. Why would over filling the tank cause fuel starvation?

Does it start and run if the gas cap is open?
i can not see overfilling the tank cause a lean problem
Now if the late models are like the older ones then it may be possible if the water vent hole was plugged then gas being forced out of the cap would be sucked into the evap canister and into the engine causing flooding.
The evap sys is suppose to only handle vapors

i can not see overfilling the tank cause a lean problem
Now if the late models are like the older ones then it may be possible if the water vent hole was plugged then gas being forced out of the cap would be sucked into the evap canister and into the engine causing flooding.
The evap sys is suppose to only handle vapors
do you know how to resolve the problem if it did suck into the evap canister? that is what appears to have happened

do you know how to resolve the problem if it did suck into the evap canister? that is what appears to have happened
My experience is with the older models and i think that the new ones are the same so
There is something that might help if it was flooded it is called something like clear flood mode..
After ignition on ect you hold the throttle wide open while cranking (this will send a signal to the ecu to stop the injectors from activating and stop the gas from going into the cylinder
This should clear the cylinders and if it does then when you release the throttle it will rev (about 4000 rpms) so be prepare for a shock.
May also run bad till that gas gets out of the evap canister.
Hope this helps merry Christmas

My experience is with the older models and i think that the new ones are the same so
There is something that might help if it was flooded it is called something like clear flood mode..
After ignition on ect you hold the throttle wide open while cranking (this will send a signal to the ecu to stop the injectors from activating and stop the gas from going into the cylinder
This should clear the cylinders and if it does then when you release the throttle it will rev (about 4000 rpms) so be prepare for a shock.
May also run bad till that gas gets out of the evap canister.
Hope this helps merry Christmas
awesome. thanks for your time. Ill give it my best shot. have a Merry Christmas 🎄

Short term, start it up and hold the throttle open until it clears, it doesn't take long.

Long term, remove the emission stuff which will include the evap canister. As a bonus it will open up a pretty nice spot behind the LH side cover.

bob

Back