Changing out bars

Osoblanco

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket X
I just recently got my Rocket X and want to go with taller bars preferably Tbars. What would be the tallest I can fit with stock cables or will I have to get cables made? Thanks again

Ive heard you can add about 2 inches to the height of the bars. Even the bars on the Touring have slightly longer cables to cope with the swept back angle. I saw someone on a rocket ride with stock cables on some aftermarket bars, they looked awful and looked too tight for comfort. And they were not all that much taller than standard.
My 08 standard had the Touring/Classic bars fitted by the PO and the dealer had also added the longer cables. I put the original bars back on and now my cables sort of bulge out, but its only something a pedantic owner would notice.

I just recently got my Rocket X and want to go with taller bars preferably Tbars. What would be the tallest I can fit with stock cables or will I have to get cables made? Thanks again
That's my old roadster with T-bars. No need for change of cables. There was a member here- Chandler's (or something like that) who made them here in the UK. But unfortunately I can not tell you exactly how much taller they were.

Attachments

• IMG_20201227_105614.jpg
    IMG_20201227_105614.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
These are about the tallest I think you can get away with w/out changing cables (and even then I re-routed to get a little extra slack). The same T-Bars mentioned/pictured above.

Back