Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
Anyone have pictures on highway pegs? Trying to gauge size of crash bars and how they would look with highway pegs. Is there a way to mount them without crash bars? 09 R3T

..Yep...
Honda Goldwing Rivco Pegs...they mount on the 1 inch chassis frame as per photo..work real well and as strong as...
20171231_115324.jpg
images.jpg
images (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can, but risk busting a case in a down without them.
Shop pegs for 1.25" engine guards.
I've had a few sets and prefer the Triumph pegs.

JMHO

EDIT:
Apologies - I mis-wrote . . .
The OEM engine guards are 1.25"
The Rivco engine guards, discontinued back in 2012, were 1"

Last edited:
You can, but risk busting a case in a down without them.
Shop pegs for 1" engine guards.
I've had a few sets and prefer the Triumph pegs.

JMHO

Are there different sizes of engine guards? I dont want them too bulky but dont want them to look too skinny either.

I just researched this and mounted them days ago. I was considering the Goldwing mounts, but for several reasons including what @1olbull said I went with the crash bar mounted Triumph pegs. Some have said that they tried other brands but that the Triumphs seemed more "substantial." Let me tell you they are frigg'n stout! They are surprisingly heavy and very well made. I think the Gold Wing mounts are sleeker, less noticeable, (which for me was a huge plus) but in my opinion (and some others) they put your right foot too close to the rear brake. When it's all said and done, I'd consider what the pegs might do to your bike if it goes over.

Last edited:
Are there different sizes of engine guards? I dont want them too bulky but dont want them to look too skinny either.

Yes.
Stick with the OEM 1.25 " - best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
I just researched this and mounted them days ago. I was considering the Goldwing mounts, but for several reasons including what @1olbull said I went with the crash bar mounted Triumph pegs. Some have said that they tried other brands but that the Triumphs seemed more "substantial." Let me tell you they are frigg'n stout! They are surprisingly heavy and very well made. I think the Gold Wing mounts are sleeker, less noticeable, (which for me was a huge plus) but in my opinion (and some others) they put your right foot too close to the rear brake. When it's all said and done, I'd consider what the pegs might do to your bike if it goes over.

I tried those Wing type, mounted & went on a 300 mile day ride, dismounted and gave to my son for his Gold Wing.
They were too low, would drag in a good twistie and way too far rearward for my liking.

Back