Rear foot pegs for R3T

R3TK

I don’t get distracted, I - OMG do I hear a bike?
Back in the UK, and the cold, and the snow....
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2008
At 5.2”, my significant other half suffers badly from duck’s disease (her ar*e is close to the ground) and after much shenanigans on the bike, she/we/I have come to the conclusion that it would help her on longer rides if I could set up a set of pegs (flip up is preferable) in addition to the foot boards at the rear. A bit like highway pegs for the rider. Maybe somewhere off the existing footboard fixations or where I marked up pic...
She can put her feet up on my lap as we ride along (which helps her) and whilst this is a recognised riding position in R3 Owners Karma Sutra, it isnt the best on a long haul.
Has anyone had this issue and resolved it satisfactorily or know of someone who could machine something up? Thanks guys

Attachments

• 5458A12E-D71B-458E-8507-C05469431816.jpeg
    5458A12E-D71B-458E-8507-C05469431816.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 2
Interesting, here's my 2 cents - my wife is also 5ft 2in and I'm only 5ft 8in. She won't ride on the bike anymore due to other health issues but when she did I found the boards dug into my calves when putting my feet down. As you know the arm that supports the board is shaped to go around the exhaust so there is no direct place to add a peg. I sketched up a wedge shaped gizmo that could have replaced the board by fitting into the space that the board occupies and it would have had a cross thread to accept a screw in peg mount. Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone to machine it up and now its a moot point as I ride only by myself now. If you are interested I could scan it?

Interesting, here's my 2 cents - my wife is also 5ft 2in and I'm only 5ft 8in. She won't ride on the bike anymore due to other health issues but when she did I found the boards dug into my calves when putting my feet down. As you know the arm that supports the board is shaped to go around the exhaust so there is no direct place to add a peg. I sketched up a wedge shaped gizmo that could have replaced the board by fitting into the space that the board occupies and it would have had a cross thread to accept a screw in peg mount. Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone to machine it up and now its a moot point as I ride only by myself now. If you are interested I could scan it?

Thanks mate - all ideas are good ideas. Much appreciate it if you could scan the diagram and share it with me.

can you IM me your e-mail address and I'll send it over. Bear in mind it's never been built and tried so no guarantees, you will be the guinea pig

At 5.2”, my significant other half suffers badly from duck’s disease (her ar*e is close to the ground) and after much shenanigans on the bike, she/we/I have come to the conclusion that it would help her on longer rides if I could set up a set of pegs (flip up is preferable) in addition to the foot boards at the rear. A bit like highway pegs for the rider. Maybe somewhere off the existing footboard fixations or where I marked up pic...
She can put her feet up on my lap as we ride along (which helps her) and whilst this is a recognised riding position in R3 Owners Karma Sutra, it isnt the best on a long haul.
Has anyone had this issue and resolved it satisfactorily or know of someone who could machine something up? Thanks guys
However you get to sort this , thanks for the great post . It got me chuckling !
Good luck with the pegs . :)

Back