My Blue Highway Ride-fifth ride on new bike

plongmire

.020 Over
Ride
2012 rocket 3 touring
I wanted to share my blue highway ride. If you ever find yourself in Texas and want to hook up and ride look me up. I am out all the time riding and usually can gather four to seven other guys to join us on a ride.

I am off this week so I decided to take my new 2012 R3T out for a spin. I will say it was the most comfortable I have felt to date on the bike and had great weather to ride in.

I started off heading down to Crabb River Road in Sugarland. You can find it off highway 59. Depending on what type of rider you are, there is a place called the Z-Bar. It is a cool little hangout and might start your trip off right, I use it for a meeting location when I ride this area of town. So you take Crabb river road south.

After you cross over the railroad tracks it becomes 762...This is the same route that will lead you to Brazious Bend state park. If your itching to see alligators up close, then stop in and take a look, they are all over the walk ways out here. You need to pay attention to the road because there are some places you will need to turn to stay on 762.

762 hits 1462 and here you will want to turn left. I cant remember exactly where it is, but there is a little bar called orteguas I think? Depending on when you walk in, you might be the only person in this place, except for the local city worker who probably stays there all day. But the floors will feel like they are going to fall in. But as far as dive bars go, I would stop everytime. You are going to take this all the way to 288 and turn right.

This is where you hit 288. It is the only real highway type riding in the whole trip. The road is smooth and easy sailing. If you need gas this might be the best place to fill up. There wont be to many opportunities from this point forward.

332 off of 288, the worst part of the ride, a lot of factories and big trucks and dirt on the road. So get through this section quick. But it is well worth it because it dead ends at surfside beach. And at a place called sharkeys, a cool bar overlooking the ocean and it is at the crossroads of 257, the blue highway

257 bluehighway to galveston. This was probably the best part of the trip for me. I was in between the intrercostal water way and the ocean. Either side I looked, there was water. I have a lot of memories of the area and took some pictures as I traveled down the road. There is a $2 dollar toll bridge that leads into galveston, but you are sitting right off the ocean as you pass in, it is very cool little toll bridge.

After the toll bridge you will travel a few more miles and Woodys will be down on your right. You need to stop there and grab your favorite beverage. Trust me, it is worth the stop, then head down to the poop deck and grab another favorite beverage. Then head over to "The Spot". Here you will want to eat onion rings and take in the sights...every stop you will find someone of like mind, and the scenery all around is great.

Here is a link to one pic I took off the ocean https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7glesdwZg-uOUZaSVRrdDlUZUk/view?usp=sharing

Its not the destination that is important, but the rode you took to get there...

Great writeup! What happened to your speedo? All the numbers after 120 are missing :eek::roll::roll::roll:
Hopefully next time you can get some video! Sounds like you're really enjoying your new beast :)

Back