High dollar Gasket material

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Ordered this stuff two months ago IMG_1002.JPG Came in today. Have the dimensions for exhaust outlets on Rocket and plan on doubling up. Do have access to a laser cutter at work that can do the job. Machinist is good at programs and has already programed dimensions. No more silicon. Have viking exhaust three into one and sealing pipes has been a problem. Not anymore. That piece cost me over $50 dollars. should work rather well.

Last edited:
My tuner had to level header mating surfaces with a 2 foot file to get surfaces perfect for mating to engine, i told him we sometimes use 2 gaskets and silicone, he just looked disgusted and said thats bs and not proper. And the silicone messes up the sniffer on afr tuning. Needless to say 1 gasket perfect fit = no leaks. Gonna do it right or what.

Two gaskets per pipe will seal it off . Never cared much for crush type seals. Edge of exhaust on Viking pipes are flush. Should not require any silicon. Have looked at gap between pipes and engine and that is not the issue. The issue is mating surface. The crush washers diameter is to small. The gaskets are going to be made to cover more surface area at contact of pipes and engine. Did not explain that very well but you get my idea. Not going to interfere with flow at all. Have done this on many Harleys and it works rather well.

Back