Heated grips

Rub it in Snuff. Least wise we don't have fire ants though.:D

And I hope you never do...little bastards!:mad:

Since the Indonesian earthquake, associated with the massively devastating tsunami, the earth tilt has shifted 1/2 to 1 degree. This will spread fire ants northward by as much as 200 miles, based upon surmised northward shift of warmer average annual temperatures. Someday Flipper, you too will enjoy the little bastards.
Global warming as a result of CO2 from human activity is BS. On the other hand, some scientists blame H.A.A.R.P. as the cause for the increase in earthquakes, et al. Very very recently, the US Congress has debated weather modification experimentation. This is against long standing international laws.

This evenings ride home from work was in the lower 50s. It was absolutely great!

Strange that you should mention bees. IT is widely spoke of here in the Deep South that the populations of bees has been strangely absent these past two years. I've not heard of an explanation for it yet. ****! That was a large departure from heated grips :(

Last edited:
Heated grips and bees could go together. The bees could take up residence in your heated grip during cold, damp weather.

The good old domestic honey bee is about gone from here too, replaced by wonderful yellow jackets and other less than desireable buzz bombs of stinging, agressive descent.

Not being a bee keeper I can't answer as to the loss but I'll ask. The guy to the east is a bee keeper and has numerous hives.

This fall I had a swarm of jackets move into the eave of my rental property and no amount of spray would dislodge them. I rigged up my shop vacuum with the suction end stuck in the eave and let it run all day, watching from a safe distance (with binoculars). It efficiently sucked them in and deposited them in the disposable bag which I incenerated in the burn pile. More than one way to skin a jacket.................

Last edited:
I installed my heated grips last week. Not to bad a job but you have to take your time in routing the wires. Took my first ride with them the other night (33 Deg.) the grips were great with lite leather gloves on but after awhile the outside of my hands got cold. Going to look into HIPO COVERS.

Back