Heat from radiator

Gossamer3129

.020 Over
I just got my new 07 rocket lll tourer and love it. The only complaint I have is that there sure seems to be alot of heat that comes off of the bike. I was wondering if anyone has this same problem and if so is there some kind of shield to keep the heat off of you. It's not bad at highway speeds where the wind will kind of blow it off but going through town it's almost unbearable.

welcome

Welcome Gossamer, Just take off every thing from the down pipe back,gets really cool then..Thats what I did but these guys will probably have better ideas.. I do know for sure that the converter keeps it hotter than hell.. Where are u at? If u can get rid of the converter it will sure cool down...Crazy Jack

Last edited:
Yes.. the converter does put off alot of heat. I live in San Antonio and it's hot here, but I did notice a big difference when I got rid of the catalytic converter. It is a 2300cc motor, so there is going to be some heat, but I don't find it any worse than my 885cc Thunderbird Sport was when I had it.

I just got my new 07 rocket lll tourer and love it. The only complaint I have is that there sure seems to be alot of heat that comes off of the bike. I was wondering if anyone has this same problem and if so is there some kind of shield to keep the heat off of you. It's not bad at highway speeds where the wind will kind of blow it off but going through town it's almost unbearable.

You need air conditioning. It's an option on the Classic.:D

Welcome and congratulations on your ride. Hope you don't ride a lot in the city, the beast needs to breath. I have my box full but will change it for an empty one soon. Don't know if that will help much but here in Fl if I know I'm gonna be stuck for any time I shut down with the key on at the ready when it's time to go.

Hey Gossamer...

Does the Tourer have the Triumph lowers on it? I am running a Corbin Fleetliner fairing and I put on the Triumph lowers also. This had the effect of drawing air through the radiator and directing the heated air right at my shins while I was riding, it would just about cook me alive. I removed the lowers and it was much better.

Tomo

On Gossamer Wings

Glad to have you as one of our latest Captians. I've got the lower deflectors on but don't seem to notice that much difference in the amount of heat. Probably due to old age numbing the lower half a little at a time. Last month I was arrested for following too close and assault with a dead weapon!

Tomo..... Without that extra heat you'll have to go back to shaving your legs again. I've got a steptic pencil if you need it.

Back