Heat from radiator

Hi, I`m unsure as to whether you actually found a solution to your problem. I`d like to let you know in any case that we are conducting some trials with a set of radiator delectors that may provide a partial cure and give some relief to yourself and others out there.

Even if over heated legs are not a problem they look real nice and be a attractive addition to any Rocket 3 in any case. :cool:

I thought that on this forum advertising banners appeared at the top of the page. Radiator heat deflector was not apparent on the link you provided. I'd be interested in viewing this product. Could you be more specific with a direct link.

Exhaust Mods help

Welcome aboard and enjoy your ride. These guys on this site will help you until you can't stand it anymore.:) I took my newly purchased 05 and put the rivco chrome covers over the manifold and also replaced the exhaust pipes (eliminating the CAT convertor). Its not cheap but due to the ambiant temperature in the area I live, it was preferable to cooking at slow speeds. I find that the biggest problem is keeping the R3 at slow speeds.....:D

Those are Graeme's from Thunderbike. They are prototypes. They actually help a little as they direct the heat out into the main flow of cool air that flows along side the bike at speed. That cool flow of air is so strong that it pushes the hot air back alongside the engine but not after it mixes things up a little and takes the edge off of the heat. They aren't perfect but they are better than nothing.

Plus... they look a lot better than the stock screen behind the radiator, some nice bling if you will. I got a lot of positive comments on them on my recent trip to Baxter's Rally up in Iowa. That was about a 250 mile ride in 90 F plus temps and they made things bearable. I never had the radiator fan kick on so it must not restrict airflow.

Hi, You`ll see I`m still a relative novice in here and not entirely sure of how you guys do things. The louvres we have been experimenting with have not as yet been uploaded to our site at all. If you`d like some further pics etc. perhaps I can send some direct to you or even upload them here somewhere accessible? Any helpful advice or guidance is always gladly accepted :)

I thought that on this forum advertising banners appeared at the top of the page. Radiator heat deflector was not apparent on the link you provided. I'd be interested in viewing this product. Could you be more specific with a direct link.

Attachments

• DSC07160.JPG
    DSC07160.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC07161.JPG
    DSC07161.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC07164.JPG
    DSC07164.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 61
Back