Getting Edsel ready for a ride

Plow Horse

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster (Edsel)
Installed A Breakaway throttle lock this weekend.

Attachments

• 1E3CFF8C-3C2E-4045-9ADE-86E40F144F9F.jpeg
    1E3CFF8C-3C2E-4045-9ADE-86E40F144F9F.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 30
I like your motor's name!
Even though our Rockets have been a success and lasted way more than the three years of Edsel.

You will love the brake away. Had mine on for awhile now and it's great. If it starts acting up and you feel like you have to push a little hard to get it to set, just give it a fine tune and it'll be back to easy application.

I swear this machine exists just to test my patience. Seeing as my Saturday worked out that I was not going fishing, I went to my garage and adjusted the highway pegs this morning. When done I head towards home for a test ride. And it’s getting close to lunch time too. Wife is going to watch the grandkids so their parents can go out on a date. So brilliant me I decide to go back to the garage to install a USB charger on Edsel. Oh just a quick job should take 45 minutes at max. 😂. Run back to the garage and park Edsel in the wheel chock. First let’s see if we can lift the tank without taking off the Bearclaw. Attempt, shoot forgot to take off seat. Go to take off the seat and break the key off in the lock, $@#&@$, the air turns blue. Now mind you I am 5 miles from home, my wife is 15 miles away (SoCal) and I just broke the G.D. Key off in the seat lock. Ended up having to pull the lock out and disassembled it to get the broken part of the key out, and my wonderful wife brought me the spare key she keeps on her key ring to me. 5 hours later I get home *shakes head*. I swear I am going to beat this horse and sell his sorry a** down the road.

You will love the brake away. Had mine on for awhile now and it's great. If it starts acting up and you feel like you have to push a little hard to get it to set, just give it a fine tune and it'll be back to easy application.
I had one on my previous bike. Rode it from coast to coast and back,, absolutely loved it. I had no plans to make any long trips so I didn’t think about getting another. But The itch came back I think I have one more trip in me, SoCal to MN and Back. First thing that I thought of was I need a Breakaway.

One more day of work. A good nights sleep then I‘m off on a 2 week adventure. Planning to leave early in the morning in an attempt to beat the worst of the heat going across the Mohave. That ride is a B**ch, and I’m expecting it to be a lot worse than previous trips. Edsel throws a lot of heat. 😬

Back