Universal Handlebar Windshield for a Roadster?

ChristianV

.020 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hey guys, I figured if anyone would have feedback or attempted this it'd be one of you fine gents. I have a 2016 Roadster which I of course prefer to keep naked however I do occasionally tour. I would like to get a windshield for my next trip (to Lake Tahoe) however I do not want to drop 350-400 dollars on a Madstad. I have seen the adjustable "universal" windshields that attach to your handlebars on Ebay/Amazon for 50ish and am wondering if any of you have ever tried one of these on a Rocket Roadster?

Obviously it will not be the highest quality, you get what yo pay for, etc.. however I am not financially able to go in 400 bucks but wouldn't mind something.. ANYTHING.. to help with the constant wind pressing against my chest.

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

Clearview Shields. They start around $150 and have lots of options depending on how much you want to spend. Unfortunately, they require you to use Triumph mounting hardware...so if you don't currently have a windshield you would have to source those parts as well.

I love mine.

Mine has an aftermarket fibreglass screen added (at least I think its aftermarket, its a 2005 bike but the screen looks like the later ones) which I found aimed air at my neck and above. I thought itr was annoying so I removed it and then a few days later had a decent highway run and was bashed around a fair bit. So I added it back but decided to extend it as an experiment, bolted an old spare visor from a helmet I no longer own on top, trimmed the hinges off with the bandsaw and then bent it into rough shape with a heat gun. Its rock solid and now it aims the wind at about my eyeballs but I can duck down a bit behind it now which was impossible before.

Will grab a few snaps. I originally bent the visor to fit on the ouitside then realised that the inside is a no brainer so I need to reheat and do that part again. Plus its getting a little more trimmed off. Look at my other intro post for what it looks like in the wild.

It has made me realise a larger polycarbonate sheet is a serious option as a solution.

Its interesting that neither of my other cruisers have a screen and I have not needed one on them. I am wondering if a single or dual headlight makes much of a difference to ariflow. They are both single headlights.

Attachments

• 20221017_133458.jpg
    20221017_133458.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20221017_133411.jpg
    20221017_133411.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 18
Mine has an aftermarket fibreglass screen added (at least I think its aftermarket, its a 2005 bike but the screen looks like the later ones) which I found aimed air at my neck and above. I thought itr was annoying so I removed it and then a few days later had a decent highway run and was bashed around a fair bit. So I added it back but decided to extend it as an experiment, bolted an old spare visor from a helmet I no longer own on top, trimmed the hinges off with the bandsaw and then bent it into rough shape with a heat gun. Its rock solid and now it aims the wind at about my eyeballs but I can duck down a bit behind it now which was impossible before.

Will grab a few snaps. I originally bent the visor to fit on the ouitside then realised that the inside is a no brainer so I need to reheat and do that part again. Plus its getting a little more trimmed off. Look at my other intro post for what it looks like in the wild.

It has made me realise a larger polycarbonate sheet is a serious option as a solution.

Its interesting that neither of my other cruisers have a screen and I have not needed one on them. I am wondering if a single or dual headlight makes much of a difference to ariflow. They are both single headlights.
That's pretty inventive!

Back