further clutch adjustment?

Not sure if your aware but down where the cable mounts in bracket on the clutch cover is where you adjust outer sheath length. Yours pictured below
20200901_112940.jpg

See how all of your threads are on one side of the mount marked in yellow and just about none on top marked with red. Try about 9 threads on the bottom and the rest up top.
Also you lifter shaft arm does not look like its on the normal position. By this I mean its more toward 6 O'clock verses the normal 2 or 3 O'clock like below
20190601_185135.jpg

I can't make it out but there is a alignment dot on the lifter shaft and the shaft actuation arm. Marked with yellow below.
Screenshot_20200901-113951_Photo Editor.jpg

Now one real early rockets there was not a mark on the arm but the shafts had one. I set them referencing the shaft dot and the slit in the actuator arm. You can count the spline teeth on mine above fore the offset. Anyway the placement of the arm is important so the cable pulls the arm in a rotation. To me yours apears that being to far it pulls straight against the shaft before it starts to rotate it. This could work against you and the feel for freeplay adjustment. I'll let you absorb this and ask questions if it needs more clarifications.
I'll try backing out the lower adjustment. Here is a better pic of the current lever orientation.
20200901_121200.jpg
20200901_121212.jpg
My rocket is a 2005, no mark on the lever, I'm currently set at about one tooth clockwise from the split, yours seems to be at about 2. Would that make a difference? Thanks!

I'll try backing out the lower adjustment. Here is a better pic of the current lever orientation.
20200901_121200.jpg
20200901_121212.jpg
My rocket is a 2005, no mark on the lever, I'm currently set at about one tooth clockwise from the split, yours seems to be at about 2. Would that make a difference? Thanks!
Ok much better pictures so it looks like its just a spline tooth or two of. I doubt that would hurt anything. As for the sheath length I'd say the way it is ime surprised the adjust bolt up top is in the threads if so id say not by many especially needing 3 or 4 threads for the lock nut. About 9 or 10 threads below the nut will probably get you close. It will definetly be enough so you can see what it does and which way to go. Just make sure you have plenty of slack in the cable to start with. The paint on that engine looks a lot better then nost gray ones. Accessories floor board or is a classic set on it?

My man is getting back in the game. A little coffee and the master is making the observations that matter. M&Ms are not bad for you at all. My warp notebook is getting thick.
I gave up coffee not sure why except it just wasn't tasting the same. Maybe that why I also haven't had a beer since RAA. Not that I did think of it. But I was afraid it would taint the flavor of the Peanut M&M's :D

Ok much better pictures so it looks like its just a spline tooth or two of. I doubt that would hurt anything. As for the sheath length I'd say the way it is ime surprised the adjust bolt up top is in the threads if so id say not by many especially needing 3 or 4 threads for the lock nut. About 9 or 10 threads below the nut will probably get you close. It will definetly be enough so you can see what it does and which way to go. Just make sure you have plenty of slack in the cable to start with. The paint on that engine looks a lot better then nost gray ones. Accessories floor board or is a classic set on it?
I picked up the bike about 2 months ago. Someone before me did some accessorizing, and i continue to do so. Both rider and passenger floorboards were on the bike. Riders is a Triumph part, passengers is, aftermarket. I think it's a Rocket 3 turning into a Rocket 3 Classic, but I'm new to the cruiser thing. It's a bit strange jumping back and forth to my one owner 93 GSX-R1100W!

Attachments

• 20200901_130614.jpg
    20200901_130614.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200831_123234.jpg
    20200831_123234.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 17
I picked up the bike about 2 months ago. Someone before me did some accessorizing, and i continue to do so. Both rider and passenger floorboards were on the bike. Riders is a Triumph part, passengers is, aftermarket. I think it's a Rocket 3 turning into a Rocket 3 Classic, but I'm new to the cruiser thing. It's a bit strange jumping back and forth to my one owner 93 GSX-R1100W!
Yes 05 standard. With the assesories floor board kit easier to figure it out from the shifter. But the steep angle is another good telltale . Also what really caught my ey as weird is ot looks like your floor boards are on the wrong side (swapped right to left) or you at least have a left one installed on the right side. It looks as if the bank angle indicator in you picture is on the front of the floorboard they screw into the heal of the floor board. You side shot gets fuzzy as I explode the veiw so take a look and make sure. Both side should have the bank angle indicator aka hero blobs on the heal out side of each. They screw in the others are casting blanks so the same board casting can be casted for either side. One less mold to deal with. Take a look cause I am kind of old and getting blind. :)

Yes 05 standard. With the assesories floor board kit easier to figure it out from the shifter. But the steep angle is another good telltale . Also what really caught my ey as weird is ot looks like your floor boards are on the wrong side (swapped right to left) or you at least have a left one installed on the right side. It looks as if the bank angle indicator in you picture is on the front of the floorboard they screw into the heal of the floor board. You side shot gets fuzzy as I explode the veiw so take a look and make sure. Both side should have the bank angle indicator aka hero blobs on the heal out side of each. They screw in the others are casting blanks so the same board casting can be casted for either side. One less mold to deal with. Take a look cause I am kind of old and getting blind. :)
Left and right pics, please elaborate.

Attachments

• 20200901_141730.jpg
    20200901_141730.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200901_141717.jpg
    20200901_141717.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 13
Both are on the heel, it looks like I need to order new ones
I can't take credit for this, but I think somebody liked getting into the right hand turns. On my Gixxer the bank angle indicators are my kneecaps. 😁

Attachments

• 20200901_144713.jpg
    20200901_144713.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 6
Both are on the heel, it looks like I need to order new ones
Ah much better you definitely want to change them out before you start dragging the aluminum. And they are on right its just they were pretty worn and well I do wear tri-focals :D
Oh and yes they are the accessory kit A975805 until I bought a set just a month ago to replace my crashed classic ones I never noticed the different heal toe shifter between the kits. I'll atleast try them and I don't like the angle I'll find classic or touring rails.

Last edited:
Ah much better you definitely want to change them out before you start dragging the aluminum. And they are on right its just they were pretty worn and well I do wear tri-focals :D
Any idea where I can find these for the "accessories floorboards" everything I look up comes up with the "bar type" for the original floorboards. Thx, T

Back