Fuel Gauge & Clock Combo

Here's from triumph? See attached.
It's also got those fog lamps hellfire found so ugly, and mounted anyway.
I have the clock only, and am saving the other side for gps.
Yeah I ended up getting them anyway ... they still ugly. lol

Reading and hearing are different than doing ... that's why you take it out, make adjustments and put it back. Granted I don't have a gauge, but it's the same for the low level light and I seem to have adjusted mine just fine. And that was after the dealer got it halfway there by them doing it first, so the dealer will take a stab at it as well.
I did say it was a pain, but the adjustment itself is simply bending a float rod and trying it again. Unscrewing all the bolts, reinstalling the bolts, filling with fuel etc. is the pain part.

Opinions are like .....

... anuses?:rolleyes:

I thought that you were suggesting doing the fix using a wire hanger grabber via the filler neck and without removing the unit, which, IMO, is a big no-no. :eek:

The way you suggested is the right way... I'm just too lazy to bother with it.:D

If you hadn't made the ultra fast offer, I would have gone for them myself, in the interest in ultra visibility.
I may have gone overboard on the lighting, with the ignition bypass, radiator lights and now the "ugly" fork lights .... might be mistaken for a freight train. lol
Link Removed

I may have gone overboard on the lighting, with the ignition bypass, radiator lights and now the "ugly" fork lights .... might be mistaken for a freight train. lol

At least you're in the train business! Hey, question, when you ordered your shocks, did they charge you the second your order went in? Summit said it was special order, but that didn't stop them from charging my card.

Saboteur, you left out the tach...but, yes, the one on the right is the Aquabox with an Ipod inside.

Dennis

18 dtg KAF
22 dtg Dubai
23 dtg Thunderbird'n time

137 dtg Dubai
138 dtg HOME for good!

Saboteur, you left out the tach...but, yes, the one on the right is the Aquabox with an Ipod inside.

So I did... how did the speakers sound? Only good when you're helmetless? I've never had music, and am thinking about speakers in a helmet and an Ipod in a pocket, but that presents it's own difficulties. Not sure I like so many instruments and gadgets, but the placement sure looks handy.

Did you keep all that stuff when you sold your Classic?

At least you're in the train business! Hey, question, when you ordered your shocks, did they charge you the second your order went in? Summit said it was special order, but that didn't stop them from charging my card.
I think they did, but special order is nothing ... they will be drop shipped straight from Progressive. They will show up really soon.

FYI on the speaker thing ... I got a set of ear phones from of all places .. Radio Shack. But these are their best with mechanical armature thingy whosits, and they have extra ear foams that are compressible like ear plugs that fit perfect and block out most outside noise. I plug them into my phone that has several hundred songs stored on it and it's better than the car. It's just an LG Chocolate phone with a 4Gb memory card ... works as good as the Ipod and I don't have to tote anything extra that I wouldn't have on me anyway.

Saboteur, riding around town the sound was fine...taking it out on the highway...it wasn't the greatest. They do make a 100 Watt version now (mine were only 50 Watts) but I don't remember if they were the same 2 inch or moved it up to a 3 or 4 inch speaker.

Dennis

17 dtg KAF
21 dtg Dubai
22 dtg Thunderbird'n time

136 dtg Dubai
137 dtg HOME for good!

It appears this is the "official" 1,900th post...only 100 more to go to 2,000.

Back