Fuel Gauge & Clock Combo

JohnnyCanuck

Supercharged
Gentlemen,

I was thinking of buying the Triumph fuel gauge & clock combo for my standard 2008 Rocket.

I have three questions: 1) Do a total of 4 gauges look okay or does it become too cluttered up there? 2) Are they easy to install? 3) How much do they generally retail for?

Thanks a bunch!

I think they look awesome, but since I can't afford them I can't answer the other two questions. :D

I have all 4 gauges and they do look quite nice. That said, I think that you could spend your money better on other things. The fuel gauge is notoriously inaccurate. Mine is acurate to the halfway mark and from there on it's virtually useless. Consequently I always determine my fuel stops by the trip meter, which is reset to zero each time I refuel. The clock is useful and attractive, however there are smaller, more discrete, handlebar mounted ones available for less than a third of the price. in summary, if the two add'l gauges hadn't come with the bike i purchased, i would not buy them. Another consideration is that they do take up valuable handlebar real estate, particularly if you might be purchasing a GPS unit, satellite radio, etc.. Nonetheless, they do look very cool and they also give the "dash" a more complete look.

Thanks for the replies guys. That's too bad that Triumph would offer a fuel guage that doesn't work right. Would you happen to have a picture of the guages on your Rocket so I can get an idea of what they look like? Thanks a bunch!

You can adjust the accuracy through trial and error adjusting the float rod on the in-tank sending unit. It's a small pain in the ars, but it can be done.

Here's from triumph? See attached.
It's also got those fog lamps hellfire found so ugly, and mounted anyway.
I have the clock only, and am saving the other side for gps.

Attachments

• 2008-Triumph-Rocket3Classicguages.jpg
    2008-Triumph-Rocket3Classicguages.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,007
You can adjust the accuracy through trial and error adjusting the float rod on the in-tank sending unit. It's a small pain in the ars, but it can be done.

Much easier said than done, I'm afraid! If you are pulling at or on things inside the tank, blindly, you can easily do more harm than good from what I've read and heard about it. If it was that easy to correct, I would imagine that dealers would offer to do it. You know, anything for a buck...:D

Much easier said than done, I'm afraid! If you are pulling at or on things inside the tank, blindly, you can easily do more harm than good from what I've read and heard about it. If it was that easy to correct, I would imagine that dealers would offer to do it. You know, anything for a buck...:D
Reading and hearing are different than doing ... that's why you take it out, make adjustments and put it back. Granted I don't have a gauge, but it's the same for the low level light and I seem to have adjusted mine just fine. And that was after the dealer got it halfway there by them doing it first, so the dealer will take a stab at it as well.
I did say it was a pain, but the adjustment itself is simply bending a float rod and trying it again. Unscrewing all the bolts, reinstalling the bolts, filling with fuel etc. is the pain part.

Opinions are like .....

Last edited:
I agree with HellFire,
it's a "small" pain, but since I was tired of my
low fuel light coming on at 100 miles,
well worth the effort, and it is FREE,
not to mention the learning experience
of working on your own bike.
JM2CW,
skip

Here are a few shots of my set up thru different stages of ownership on my 2007 Classic.

Here is a few of it when I sold it:

Here is a shot of the whole shebang...ready for travel....

And here is the one of when I first picked it up when coming home from Afghanistan (for good at the time) in May of 2007.

Hope it helps.

Dennis

18 dtg KAF
23 dtg Dubai
24 dtg Thunderbird'n time

138 dtg Dubai
139 dtg HOME for good!

Back